Like & +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but if its miniscule its a moot point

We've seen that before where something gets added and it doesnt bring in any money

loading 30 more iframes per forum page, what could possibly go wrong
If this is what's burning up my CPU cycles...
I'll know as soon as I turn it off.

edit:
I turned off Plus One and Aptrure.
Don't see any performance improvement.
Still pegging the old CPU usage when changing pages.
Maybe a reboot will help (?)

Last edited:
At least here it's a choice of the "Likes." Couple other mboards have switched to the Google one and one even requires you log in through Google to do things.

Google should have an option for sites to use their "+1" system without an account other then the mboard you're on.

yep seems like latelly I've had to turn more crap off. I dont get why all these extra "things" keep being added.....I guess Scott knows something I dont

Give Scott a hard time in the Penthouse about it, say "No more junk here!!" :eek:

Give Scott a hard time in the Penthouse about it, say "No more junk here!!" :eek:

Don't need to. We did a pretty good job here and he quickly put "like" back and gave us an easy way to disable +1.

Besides, that's not what the pub is about. We really don't have any inside line to Scott or the other admins. The pub is just a place where you can express an opinion a bit more openly and let your hair down a bit. More of a "you're among friends" feel.

I killed +1 as I still couldn't figure out what it did. :)

Maybe if it does something useful in the future I will look into it again, but for now it does not seem to do anything.

At least here it's a choice of the "Likes." Couple other mboards have switched to the Google one and one even requires you log in through Google to do things.

Google should have an option for sites to use their "+1" system without an account other then the mboard you're on.

If they did that, they would have no way to track your every move around the interwebz! As if they didn't gather enough info on you with the built-in tracking functionality of Chrome (I don't care what you say, it's in there somewhere - they can't be trusted not to do it), the googleanalytics bug they put on every friggin page that uses their advertising to keep tabs on where you go, and the "on by default" history of every google search you've ever done while logged in to your account that is tied to personally identifiable information. Now that they own Youtube and have launched their own competitor to Facebook, they can even put faces to all the tracked activity.

Sorry but enough is enough. It's bad enough the government is intruding into our lives and keeping tabs on us under the guise of 'anti terrorism', but we don't need to voluntarily give it all to some corporation for them to draw up a revenue profile on us. That's why I run ad and java blockers and add special filters for all Google's crap.

Why I rarely use Chrome. Usually to check how the website I do for a transit agency looks in it and visit a couple of sites I have ad-blocked in FF to check the ads.

Sorry but enough is enough. It's bad enough the government is intruding into our lives and keeping tabs on us under the guise of 'anti terrorism', but we don't need to voluntarily give it all to some corporation for them to draw up a revenue profile on us. That's why I run ad and java blockers and add special filters for all Google's crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)