Lima Ohio Locals

Ohhh, so you want a special arrangement just for yourself. Face it, it ain't gonna happen for a long time, if ever. WHIO can run all the ads or tickers they want.

I didn't start this thread to complain that I am not getting Locals. WLIO started to run commercials blaming D* and E* for not carring them in SD and HD. I don't give a crap about it, I have an antenna. If I wanted them I would "move".

Sorry, I thought you were siding with WLIO ... I looked back and see that's not the case. Just to clarify, WLIO can complain all they want. It's not realistic for either sat providers to offer Lima's locals (yet).

Here's an "editorial" from the boss at WLIO about this situation:
Are you a satellite customer of DirecTV or Dish Network? NBC Lima has been working for years to get satellite carriage. This is contrary to what many of you are being told by your satellite company. We have been proactive in our efforts to allow satellite customers in west central Ohio the ability to view their hometown stations.

Over 90% of the local television markets nationwide have satellite carriage. The Lima Ohio television market is one of the less than 10% that doesn't.

Contact your satellite provider TODAY and tell them you want the Lima, Ohio television stations on your DirecTV or Dish Network service.

Bruce A. Opperman
President/General Manager
WLIO-TV/NBC Lima
Here's his contact info:

WLIO Television
1424 Rice Avenue
Lima OH 45805.
419-228-8835 x1017
e-mail at bao@wlio.com

I wonder if WLIO will front the cost for the needed uplink center ? Actually (2) of them, to get their signal to Dish and DirecTV. They might be able to split the cost with the local FOX... As I noted earlier, the sat providers typically do NOT carry low-power stations, so they can't divide the cost up with the others. They typically do NOT carry independant or smaller, local religious stations either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)