Lima Ohio Locals

maxmoto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NW Ohio
Our local NBC affiliate has started to run commercials that are blaming D* and E* for not offering LiL service. They are saying they have been doing everything they can to get them to carry there network.

I already have an antenna. That is not the issue. I think it is funny that the network is blaming the two satellite companies. This company tried to force Time Warner to pay extra for the CW. I guess you have to know the network.

Around here one of the dma's lost CW on Dish. The local CW network ran ads saying to siwtch to Directv or Charter... and they not only ran it on their channel, they ran it on other local channels.

Our local NBC affiliate has started to run commercials that are blaming D* and E* for not offering LiL service. They are saying they have been doing everything they can to get them to carry there network.

Your nbc affiliate is just plain foolish!!
They KNOW both Direct and Dish are adding locals via DMA to cover the most customers as possible.

end of story

fred

I'm pretty frustrated in general with Dish and their local HD service. 2006 is now 2008, and still no locals in HD in sight for Dayton, Cincinnati, Lima, etc... ARe all the stations in these cities owned be the same company? Same thing with Indy... Cincinnati and Indy are around DMA 30-35, somewhere in there, and they have no LIL HD from Dish.

Cincinnati does have HD LIL through DirecTV, though, if I'm not mistaken, and have had them for a couple of years at least.

Is it common for one sat provider to provide locals for so long and another to not offer them at all?

Lima has (1) full-power station, WLIO. The others are low-power and Dish rarely seems to pick up LP stations. So, WLIO wants E* (and D*) to carry one network for a local ? Not gonna happen.... This site does say the local FOX is not low-power. Nonetheless, there are typically (4) big networks, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC. E* and D* ideally want ALL of them vs one or two.

To follow up on FredInVA's comment about Lima's ranking in DMAs, point out to WLIO that being #185 out of a total of 210 markets puts Lima pretty low on the list (not to mention the limited networks available).

All they have to do is combined the Toledo and Lima markets and there you go.

I still think if I can get with an antenna I should be able to get them with a dish, if offered!

I use to live in Findlay, Ohio and could get Toledo network stations with Dish. I stayed with cable instead for local channels because for some reason cable providers can offer you 2 of each network(2 nbc/cbs/abc/fox markets), but Dish can or will not offer more than 1. Must be either too cost prohibitive or some government regulation.

By keeping local cable I could get NBC out of Lima and Toledo.

I think that cable still has an advantage over satellite when it comes to locals.

Well, talk to "them" then .... and just so you know, it ain't Dish or DirecTV you need to talk to. They don't make the rules.

Why Toledo ? Ft Wayne is closer.... So is Dayton.

Lima has (1) full-power station, WLIO. The others are low-power and Dish rarely seems to pick up LP stations. So, WLIO wants E* (and D*) to carry one network for a local ? Not gonna happen.... This site does say the local FOX is not low-power.

Actually, Lima has two full-power stations (the other is religious and family oriented). And technically speaking, the Fox afilliate is a Class A, but still pretty much unwatchable outside of Allen county.

Yes, I'm aware of WTLW (?) and I assure you, the day Lima locals are carried by Dish (or DirecTV), they won't be included.

From Lima maybe. I am not in Lima. Acording to antennaweb I am 60 miles from the farthest Toledo tower. Fort Wayne or Dayton don't even show up.

Lima has a population of 40,263 with a total of 17,668 residential dwelling units. i live in tulsa where the population is 393,049 with a total of 179,405 residental dwelling units, and we dont have hd yet either. Heck, even Las Vegas does not have their locals in HD yet. Las Friggin Vegas. and they got a population of over 600,000. (keep in mind most people in las vegas dont live there, but that is still a large population).

I still think if I can get with an antenna I should be able to get them with a dish, if offered!
unfortunately you happen to live within the boundaires of on of the handful of Single or two County DMA's...You can change your service address to a zip code in an adjacent DMA and leave your billing address the same. Heck you can even keep you address. JUst change the zip code on your account. Which county line do you closest to....Here look at the link...Click on it. Then scroll down and click on Ohio. There you'll see a map ..Look at it and see what you can do.
Echostar Knowledge Base

It doesn't suprise me that your areas in Ohio don't have HD yet, hell with all the regulation that state has with the utiilities companies they probably have a lockdown on the satellite companies, the Ohio PUC is garbage!!!! And I am from Ohio. Glad I am not living there now though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)