Line down the right side of channels

fatmikla22

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
I have a 32 inch flat screen LCD HDTV and I don't know if it's always been like this but on a few channels yesterday (MTV, one of the Nickelodeons, VH1 and a few others) there was a line down the side of the picture on the right side. It didn't contrast with the colors on the screen but you could tell the line was there. This happened on only a few SD channels that I listed above. I tried removing and plugging back in any cords on the back of the tv and my 722. Is this something that comes from the individual channel itself? My HD channels are fine, no problems. I'm just picky about my TV and this line is a little annoyance but if I have to, I can deal with it. The line is actually on the picture that's being shown, not on the black bar that appears on each side of the screen in SD, if you don't strecth the picture. Also, speaking of stretching SD channels to fit the entire screen. With my 211 I used to be able to do that but with the 722, I can't find the option. Is it possible to stetch SD channels with a 722? Sorry for rambling, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Even if no one can help me with the side, can someone help me with how to stretch the SD channels on the 722 like I did with the 211. Thanks.

this is happening with all the sd channels that are not stretched in the vip receivers.

If I have to choose between a line on the side of the picture (meaning I am seeing the full image) or stretching it so the line goes away, I prefer non-stretched.

stretch-O-vision is evil! :)

Even if no one can help me with the side, can someone help me with how to stretch the SD channels on the 722 like I did with the 211. Thanks.

I've seen stuff on the right side of some SD channels like HBO, pinkish mainly if I remember. I think it has something to do with the image size vs the region actually compressed into MPEG. The picture width needs to be a multiple of the macroblock size and it might not by or they are "saving" some bandwidth by not encoding a partially filled macroblock. Just a guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)