Line Up Superdish 121

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
I tried to line up a used 121 superdish for a friend at camp. The dish is used but the 34 switch was new. The only lnb that showed connected before alignment was the 110 lnb. The receiver would not show the other lnbs at all (with or without the switch). I did move the dish around alot and know the dish is aligned wrong. Right now I am picking up the 119 sat on the 110 lnb. When he gets 3 lnb setup that works which direction do I have to turn the dish for correct alignment. The zip is 04970 Rangeley Maine. Do I move the dish up or down and clockwise or counter clockwise. (clockwise would be west) Thanks for any help!

to the right, easiest way to tune the dish is to run a feed straight from the 119 middle fss lnb directly to the receiver, get a strong signal than hook up the other 2 and the 34 and run a check switch

I tried the 119 lnb for a long time but I think the lnb is bad because the 301 receiver would not show it connected.

not much you can do without an LNB for now, you could just get him signal from the 119 sat,(not lnb) so he could have the majority of his channels

Atvman,

Do you have another receiver to test the LNB? If the 119 LNB is bad you can try the 110 or 121 by itself? The first SD121 I hooked up gave me grief because I had the 119 looking at the 110. If the LNB is not seeing the sat it will look like its bad. Try another LBN (110 or 121). The SD is tricky at first but you should be able to get it going. Also make sure the Skew and elevation is set close to where it needs to be for your location. I find that the elevation setting gives me the best signal after I get the Azimuth set close. I have had many customers call me because they loose the 110 sat and I have had to just adjust the elevation and the 110 comes right in. I assume you have checked the level of the mast already? That plays a big role when your trying to get 3 sat’s from one dish. I hope this helps.

Good luck,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)