Lips not in sync

psal2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I just got the 811 receiver (2 weeks ago) and it came from Dish (and was a remanufactured model-under the rent program). This goes with my new Toshiba 46H84.

When watching HD on TNT or ESPN using component inputs, I feel like I am watch a foreign movie with lips going one way and sound the other. Nothing is in sync.

I turn the unit off and back on and it syncs up, for about 5 minutes and then goes back to the bad.

I switched to regular TNT and ESPN (using S-Video on Video One) and didn't have a problem.

DVDs on the second Component work fine.

Did anyone else experience a similar situation. I rent the Dish, so I might be able to go back to them with the problem but I just wanted to make sure that this was unique to my receiver and not something that was happening to everyone last night. And I really wanted to watch "A time to kill" in HD too.

Thanks,
Pete

Yes.. i havent noticed it on ESPN HD.. usually jsut watch espn unless its actual HD content... you only should have to change the channels and then change it back. That usually fixes it for me. I have rebooted and seen a little help but not much (try a soft reboot. hold the power button for 10 count)

Saw an article or reply from an engineer (in another forum) and he said this is a common problem with HD (especially locals) and will eventually be corrected by inserting a "watermark" where the video and audio need to sync up but it may be awhile.

Still feel like I am in a foreign film...LOL :)

You should also make sure that your audio receiver is in the appropriate surround mode. I've noticed that if something is being broadcast in DTS and I am listening in Stereo, the audio is out of synch. May not be your problem, but worth looking at.

A simple power off may not be enough. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds or more until the unit shuts off. This will force a re-boot. After a minute or so it will come back on. You'll see it go through the acquiring satellite phase and downloading guide phase.

This works to reboot all receivers btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)