Live Earth X-mission problems

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Looks like Intesat is having problems w/ the transmission of the Live Earth events across the world. I was going to archive the shows but after watching problems occour over & over have given up the idea. There has been pixelization, frezzes, drop outs, & numerous loss of HD w/switch to SD. In all the idea behind the Live Earth concerts is being hurt by the problems in transmission glitches. For those that think it is E* realize E* doesn't switch between HD & SD. So it has to be Intesat's is having major problems.

Are you getting the programming from 129 or 61.5?

129 is bouncing like crazy on transponder 27. The one Universal HD is parked on.

I've had drops like crazy all day. It's making my 622 go crazy, not to mention wrecking the enjoyment of the show. It's a beautiful HD presentation when I can see it.

Sad that they couldn't move UNIHD for the day to allow everyone to enjoy it without breakups.

agreed - my signal for 129 - normally good enough to be able to watch a show with no problems .. seems to have taken a nosedive the last day or two - i'm lucky if i get 45-50 signal strength on TP 27 at the moment .. time for a call to tech support i guess.

Shame - not often i look forward to something like this .. and its pretty much unwatchable right now.

Not reading what I'm saying.

I get it on 129 but there is no signal problem over my .9 meter dish. It has cleared up completely since they are no longer x-mitting from Australia. It had to be problems there. They had some pixelization as well as freezes and the HD WOULD GO TO sd. That right there tells us that it wasn't E*. The switching from HD to SD proves it was at the source.

What I'm seeing is definitely an E problem. Transponder 27 is dead now for me and at a critical point... SPINAL TAP!

Dammit DISH.

I'm glad I wasn't the only person to have this come up. There was about 30-45 minutes of the show that was unwatchable, and it messed up my 622 twice in a ten minute span. Due to the glitches, the recording was corrupted, and I had to erase about 2 hours of the show. It's definitely an E* problem, as I was seen CBS golf in HD switching into the show.

Before and past that, all is good.

different problem

The problems that you guys have talked about is far different than the one's I saw. Those sound like signal problems related to 129. I know for sure the one's that I brought up were not a problem w/ 129 I have a very strong signal using a .9 meter dish. The other thing is the audio is clear but the EQ for the sound has been incorrect for the entire event. There is no audio below 100hz. My sub has not worked the entire day. Having been a live sound engineer in the past what is happening is they have not EQ'd the line for full freq response. In fact they may have it rolled off on purpose to keep it from having noise problems. I have even tried boosting the bass and it just isn't there to boost.

Been lucky here in Denver. Not sure which transponder but had the show on UHD all day and no breakups here at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts