Sep 8, 2003
New York City
LIVE FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga
WorldSport-HD: Saturday, March 5, at 2:00pm PM EST

_valencia_.gif
Valencia vs.
_real_madrid2_.gif
Real Madrid

La Liga Report starts half hour before the Game.

For the latest schedules and standings, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD

Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

Beautiful goal!

Hello everyone! I am back from a long business trip. Glad to be home and glad to be watching VOOM and live football again!

Sean Mota said:
Ilya, did you get the light bulb? Welcome back!
Oh yes! Long ago. Sony shipped it overnight and at no charge, inspite the fact that the warrantee expired 3 months ago!

The PQ is much better than the Tuesday game. There are some things in the distance especially when the side camera focus on players. It probably has to do with that camera. What do you think Ilya? I know you were not here last week but how does it look compare to the old encoder?

Also, the view from the field. Whenever players stop, the players and the field looks ok but when there's movement it seems like there is a "cloud" of compression following the action. It is hard to describe this. I need to see if I can get the technical term for this.

Looks good to me so far! Of course I missed all those problems that you saw lately...

Ooops sound problem on LaLiga...

Sean, I haven't watched HD in more than a week, so I am just enjoing it for now not looking for artifacts yet, if you know what I mean! :D

Sean Mota said:
The PQ is much better than the Tuesday game. There are some things in the distance especially when the side camera focus on players. It probably has to do with that camera. What do you think Ilya? I know you were not here last week but how does it look compare to the old encoder?

Ok, I found that the technical term for this is "scan lines". I am sitting 10 feet away and I can see the scan lines in the background whenever the cameras focus on a player. The scan lines are in the background.

I went to the my DLP to see whether the scan lines and the compression on the field was due to my LCD but was able to see it as well on the DLP. The compression from the field occurs whenever there is movement. It is hard to describe but as one follows the ball and the players, the green background of the grass, looks like it is moving with the players and the ball. This almost looks like the Fox dancing grass effect on the Football games this year but not as pronounced.

Whenever there is no movement the picture looks fine and the compression dissapears. The field almost looks blurry due to this effect.

Sean Mota said:
Ok, I found that the technical term for this is "scan lines". I am sitting 10 feet away and I can see the scan lines in the background whenever the cameras focus on a player. The scan lines are in the background.
You are not talking about scan lines on the moving banner ads are you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts