Live in LA - Need to "move" markets

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matterinoman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
I currently live in Los Angeles (90046) and have the Directv HD DVR+ with the AM21 ATSC Off-Air Tuner.

I get all my local channels OTA as well as get them via Satelllite (both are HD feeds)

PRIMARY GOAL:
"move" to Boston so my RSN's would be FSN New England and NESN
I can live with all my locals being OTA from Los Angeles.

If Primary goal is not possible could I:
"move" to any other major market so I could have two sets of locals.

2nd:
Are there any Conus HD Locals available on Directtv at all?

If not could I "move" to, say, Fresno or Las Vegas or San Diego and be close enough in the spot beam to get those locals?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

-Darren
Boston Sports Maniac (without the $$$ to pay for all the sports packages)

The 4 major LA locals are on Conus as are the 4 major NY locals. You will not be able to get them if you live in an area where your locals are provided. Even if you can get DNS locals, they will give you the NY ones since you are on the east coast.

If the 4 major locals from NYC are CONUS and I live in Los Angeles then can I call Directv provide them with an NYC service address and get the NYC local rogramming and RSN's?

So, I think this will work but want to confirm:

If I "move" to NYC while my actual physical address is in Los Angeles I will be able to get the 4 major local networks in HD as well as the Local NYC RSN's?

Will the channels be low #'s or way up in the 300's or something?

Thanks again for everyones help!

I doubt you'd get the NYC RSNs as they are on a spot beam.

However, you will probably lose the LA HD networks from DirecTV.

All hd rsn's are on CONUS beams now. If they weren't, Directv couldn't offer them in the EI package.

I stand corrected.:(

I guess the OP would lose his LA RSNs if he moved, unless he had the EI package.
But, if he did have the EI package, then why move?

I have no problem losing LA RSN's.

I heard that if you "move" to monroe ct you will get the NYC Locals HD as well as the NYC and Boston RSN's.

Cross your fingers, I hope this work.

Thanks again for the input.

If anyone has any other advice Let me know!!!

hmm...if RSNs are on CONUS, i wouldn't mind doing this to get LA RSNs and locals

I heard that if you "move" to monroe ct you will get the NYC Locals HD as well as the NYC and Boston RSN's.

Like I said in the other related thread, you won't get Boston rsn's from Fairfield county in CT, only NY. For some reason, Dish gives you Boston rsn's from there, but not Directv. I don't see how Dish can do it, since the NBA, MLB, NFL, etc, decide who gets what.

I live in California too. A friend of mine "MOVED" to NYC also. You can watch the SD versions of ABC CBS FOX and NBC on there local channels numbers or in the 380's. But for the HD versions you will have to watch them on the 390's. The local HD channel number feed won't work for some reason.

Also you will in fact get all the RSN for New York in HD and SD. I've watched a few Yankees games in HD on YES at his house.

I was thinking about doing the same... I want to "move" to new york. Do I only need to call for them to acknowledge the move?

I was thinking about doing the same... I want to "move" to new york. Do I only need to call for them to acknowledge the move?

Just call them and tell them you moved. Also tell them you want to keep your billing address the same. From what I've heard, they never really seem to ask questions at all.

Want to bet? (see my location) :)

Raoul is right.

Any luck on the "move?"

I'm looking to do something similar.

-- Another displaced Boston sports fan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts