Live Monday - Charlie Chat, Chat (9PM EDT)

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
I guess it's about time to throw up this thread as a reminder for the next Charlie Chat which is coming up this monday April 11th, 2005 at 9PM EDT.

Feel free to express what you'd like them to talk about, what you think they'll talk about and anything else.

Also don't forget to sign in to our chat room at http://chat.satelliteguys.us/ to join in on all the fun. Also to see if you win the new Dish 942 HD-DVR!

Echostar's What Tv Is Sweepstakes

As introduced on the last Charlie Chat here are the official details on the what is sweepstakes:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customercare/charlie_chat/rules/index.shtml

1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You may enter ECHOSTAR WHAT TV IS SWEEPSTAKES (the “sweepstakes”) by providing to EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. via the DISH Network website ( www.dishnetwork.com ) your favorite story about DISH Network and include your complete name, daytime phone number and your DISH Network account number. Entries that are illegible or incomplete, will not be accepted. EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for entries that may be lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected nor for typographical errors or entries that are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules or other Sweepstakes related material. Entries sent via telefax and overnight mail will not be accepted.

2. Winners will be selected each month by EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Limit one prize per individual/per household. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or mail.

3. One prize will be awarded for the Sweepstakes as follows:

Prize : Winner will be awarded a trip for up to two (2) to EchoStar Satellite L.L.C's Englewood, Colorado corporate headquarters including round trip airfare from a major airport within the 50 United States, Washington D.C. or Puerto Rico (but not the possessions or territories thereof) nearest to the winner's residence; one night hotel accommodations (one room) of Sponsor's choice; meals and transportation in Colorado will be provided by EchoStar. Winner will appear live on “Charlie Chat” and be interviewed about their experience by EchoStar's senior executives Charlie Ergen and Jim DeFranco. Estimated retail value of Prize is up to $3,000. Winners may also receive additional promotional giveaways such as tee-shirts, coffee mugs, CDs, mouse pads, etc. in echostar's sole discretion, based upon availability. Actual value of prize may vary depending on location of winner's residence. Blackout dates and hotel/travel restrictions may apply to travel prizes. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Arrangements for prize fulfillment will be made by EchoStar in its sole discretion.

4. All prizes are non-transferable. Substitution of prizes by winners is prohibited except that Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to substitute any prizes with prizes of equal or greater value. In the event any verified winner (i) chooses not to accept his/her prize, (ii) is unable to be notified after reasonable attempt to do so, or (iii) a prize is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner will be selected from all of the remaining eligible entries. All winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and for any expenses not expressly set forth above.

5. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the 50 United States , the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico , 18 years or older as of the date of entry, who are DISH Network account members in good standing as of the time of submission of their story. Sweepstakes not open to the employees (or immediate family members or members of the household of such employees) of EchoStar Satellite L.L.C., or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, or their respective licensees, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization, the fulfillment house or the printing agents.

6. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability/publicity (where applicable) within ten (10) days of issuance. Each travel companion of a winner (and his/her parent or legal guardian) will also be required to execute travel liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to adhere to the foregoing requirements may result in prize forfeiture and awarding of prize to an alternate winner. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, distributors, agencies, suppliers and advertising, promotional and judging organizations and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents, (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any loss, injuries and/or damages (including, without limitation, any death or disability) sustained in connection with the use or misuse of any prize awarded (including any travel related thereto) or related to participation in the Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, all entrants and winners consent to the use of their names, voices, pictures or other likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes as determined by Sponsors without further approval or compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, except as herein described.

7. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.

8. For a copy of these Official Rules or the name of the winner send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: ECHOSTAR'S What TV IS SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS LIST, MARKETING DEPARTMENT P.O. Box 6645, Englewood, CO 80155. VT residents need not affix return postage.

9. The Sponsor is EchoStar Satellite L.L.C.: 9601 S. Meridian Blvd. Englewood , CO 80112 .

SHORT FORM DISCLAIMER:

No purchase necessary to enter or win. You may enter the Sweepstakes without a purchase by your providing to EchoStar via its DISH Network website ( www.dishnetwork.com ) your favorite story about DISH Network and include your complete name, daytime phone number and your DISH Network account number and send it to: ECHOSTAR'S WHAT TV IS SWEEPSTAKES, MARKETING DEPARTMENT, P.O. BOX 6645, ENGLEWOOD, CO 80155 .

So we'll actually start to see E* customers on the charlie chats? :D

wow this show keeps getting more interesting! :)

Wow.....usually the Charlie Chat threads are at least 4 pages by now. That's so sad. I remember when I would always look forward to the chats, and get good news and information watching them. Now, I'm like everyone else. Don't care. Tired of Hoping. Tired of wishing. Tired of wanting.
(Psssst...Hey Charlie.....You Readin' this?........Announce some new HD channels tonight.........That sure would be swell.......By gosh,you just might make somebody's day........month.......or year even!)

If they even just say the word "Voom" tonight, that would be a start.

I'm starting a bet with myself that there will be no mention of Voom. Hell, there are two separate (but related) issues that are of interest to us all, one of which directly involves EchoStar: (a) pending purchase of Rainbow 1 & uplink, (b) Voom's closure.

I think I have pretty good odds here.

Horsnuts said:
Wow.....usually the Charlie Chat threads are at least 4 pages by now. That's so sad.
Yep... Charlie can only cry WOLF so many times before people figure out that he is just buying time.

He would make a great government agent. Can you say... Plausible Deniability? :D

Can't get into chat room

I click on the link to the chat room, and it does not load. I get an x in the box that the chat application looks like it would load in. I am using IE 6.0 with Windows XP. Is there some application that I need to download?

Alto101 said:
I click on the link to the chat room, and it does not load. I get an x in the box that the chat application looks like it would load in. I am using IE 6.0 with Windows XP. Is there some application that I need to download?

You need some sort of Java support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)