Live streaming vs on demand going forward

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
One of the things I’ve learned with the pandemic and its devastation of new original programming across all platforms is that maybe a Live streaming/cable/sat isn’t all that necessary.

For those of us that are very casual sports viewers it is especially notable that there is so little live new stuff. And as the various broadcast/cable channels are very slowly starting to add some original stuff I’ve started to wonder how much the few that will appear before the start in 2021 are worth. And a number of channels have been vague about what they are bringing on too. SyFy has virtually zilch, or possibly one new program coming, maybe. USA’s Queen of the South still doesn’t have a start date. Those are just a couple of examples, there are many more.

So is it worth the $20-$100 or so it costs for a live streaming service?

Reactions: CyberSpock
I’m still in the 1st year of my ATT TV sub, so I’m stuck until April next year. Then I’ll cancel and I’m leaning heavily to not sign up with a live streaming service at that time.

EDIT: Because I can get all my locals via antenna, and have an OTA DVR it sure helps in the quest to not have a live streamer. Hulu can do a number of next day showings of new shows which helps too.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)