LNB 118 Indicates Red

Just came other weird idea - if you have someone with same 118.75W dish - bring your DVR there and check again.

I don't know anyone with 118.75 dish to try that out. I am getting red 118 LNB on three 722s. My 624 is showing green on 118.

Change/swap input cables - input#3 [129W] and input#4 [118.75W].

I have 129 LNB cable disconnected and 61.5 connected at input 3 on the DPP44 switch. Switched 118.7 input cable to input 3 and 61.5 cable to input 4. Performed a Check Switch test and then a System info test on all DVRs. 118 LNB is still red on the three 722s and green on the 625, so I guess the DPP44 switch is OK. Details check for the 722s still says bunches of signal loses. Here are some pics. Do you know what item b, c, and f indicate? Thanks for your help Smith, P.

Attachments

• 118Pos4.JPG
    118Pos4.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 118Pos3.JPG
    118Pos3.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 90

Attachments

• Counter9.JPG
    Counter9.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Counter8.JPG
    Counter8.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Counter7.JPG
    Counter7.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Counter6.JPG
    Counter6.JPG
    280.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Counter5.JPG
    Counter5.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Counter4.JPG
    Counter4.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Counter3.JPG
    Counter3.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Counter2.JPG
    Counter2.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Counter1.JPG
    Counter1.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Counter10.JPG
    Counter10.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 87
I'll look thru later today.

OK, take your time. I appreciate you helping out. It would be nice if you gave us info for every line, if you wish. There are probably bunches of us that would benefit from your info. I noticed this morning my average temp dropped one degree on this 722. I installed another fan on this DVR two days ago. I have it blowing in on the right side of the case thru the air inlet. The left side of the case (out vent) already has a dual fan installed. I am going to get this thing to cool one way or the other. When or if it drops some more I will post it in the other thread that is going on for DVR temps. Thanks again for all your help.

OK, here is preliminary analysis compare to known to me 622 box.

Common picture telling me your DVR have hardware problems because:
- mini WD number is too high: 14 vs 0
- OS monitor WD: 12:47 vs 0:6
- queue ID/count: 53:28 vs 0:0
- HDD transfer mode: 0 vs 5 ( unkn speed (?) vs 133 Mbps (?))

and too many Lost Locks [ of sat signal]: 27:60 vs 12:30.

Other ppl with good and bad conditions of their 622/722 could check and compare same counters for obtain wider info.

Would be useful to see 'stb_health.gz' from first partition, but it would require open a cover, do hot swap SATA cable to your PC and using UFSexplorer program pull the file. Plus it will require to censor some sensitive info from it.

OK, here is preliminary analysis compare to known to me 622 box.

Common picture telling me your DVR have hardware problems because:
- mini WD number is too high: 14 vs 0
- OS monitor WD: 12:47 vs 0:6
- queue ID/count: 53:28 vs 0:0
- HDD transfer mode: 0 vs 5 ( unkn speed (?) vs 133 Mbps (?))

and too many Lost Locks [ of sat signal]: 27:60 vs 12:30.

Other ppl with good and bad conditions of their 622/722 could check and compare same counters for obtain wider info.

Would be useful to see 'stb_health.gz' from first partition, but it would require open a cover, do hot swap SATA cable to your PC and using UFSexplorer program pull the file. Plus it will require to censor some sensitive info from it.

OK, thanks Smith, P. Should I call dish or wait tell it doesn't work anymore? Where do you learn all these things? I would like to learn too. Thanks again.

I just did a System Info check today and LNB 118 is now green. I have been checking it every couple of days or so since I started this thread and it is has been red with bunches of signal loses. I just sent Dish Tech support an email last weekend and asked for an update on how they were doing on troubleshooting this issue. Here is the main part of their reply: "Thank you for your email. I’m sorry but unfortunately we do not have a status report for this situation at this time. Generally these issues are resolved via software information sent directly to the receiver. Please remember to turn off your receiver when you are not watching TV, so that it can receive the update when it becomes available. If the receiver is not powered off, it will not be able to download the update when it becomes available." Is there anyone else with green LNB 118 now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)