LNB 118 Indicates Red

Would be Scott better source for report a progress in production ?
I know from SW side, the switch was tested and our receivers got FW update to support it.

OK, thanks Smith, P. I think I will send an email to Dish TV folks too for the hell of it and see if they respond. You never know!

Any response from Dish?

Hi. Just switched to Dish from D* this past Saturday, and I'm seeing the same problem with 118.7 (St. Louis locals). I have 2 722's, both reporting -5 odd TP drift. Should I call this one in and ask for an LNB replacement, or is this an anomaly in the software? Thanks!

-OD

p.s. First post here.

Sure you could call, but CSR will do nothing while the value will not reach +/- 8 value.
Find "LNB Drift" thread, there was a post with official Dish PDF file regarding the values.

Problem solved

To update, a tech was sent out yesterday to re-peak my dish. He worked on it for awhile, but signal strengths did not improve. So, he decided to replace the 118.7/119 LNB. He disconnected the old LNB, and as he tilted it flat to set it down on the roof water poured out of it. Apparently it had a bad seal from the factory. He installed new LNB and all is well.

-OD

To update, a tech was sent out yesterday to re-peak my dish. He worked on it for awhile, but signal strengths did not improve. So, he decided to replace the 118.7/119 LNB. He disconnected the old LNB, and as he tilted it flat to set it down on the roof water poured out of it. Apparently it had a bad seal from the factory. He installed new LNB and all is well.

-OD

Thanks for the update. Where you getting red 118 LNB results when you performed the System Info check? I am still getting red and when I do details check, there are bunches of signal losses for tuner 1 and turner 2. Not getting any drift problems. Have not heard anymore from the Dish technicians.

Thanks for the update. Where you getting red 118 LNB results when you performed the System Info check? I am still getting red and when I do details check, there are bunches of signal losses for tuner 1 and turner 2. Not getting any drift problems. Have not heard anymore from the Dish technicians.

Yes I was. I quickly checked this before leaving for work, and I still see a red X on 118. However, the LNB drift error is gone and the signal strength looked good when I did a Point Dish. Unlike your situation, I was losing signal lock on 118 and 119 last week during the rain, and 119 began showing yellow.

As others have mentioned, I also wonder if this is a bug in 449. Maybe the System Info check is looking at a transponder on 118.7 that we don't use or otherwise see very well from the STL area?

Yes I was. I quickly checked this before leaving for work, and I still see a red X on 118. However, the LNB drift error is gone and the signal strength looked good when I did a Point Dish. Unlike your situation, I was losing signal lock on 118 and 119 last week during the rain, and 119 began showing yellow.

As others have mentioned, I also wonder if this is a bug in 449. Maybe the System Info check is looking at a transponder on 118.7 that we don't use or otherwise see very well from the STL area?

Not sure on the transponder. The dish is working great, just have the red 118. Maybe it is like you say an issue with 449. Dish technicians are aware of it at least. Time will tell. Do you have an OTA antenna to St. Louis too? Have you had any problems with it. Check this thread out I started. Good info for you.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...sions/134505-722-ota-problem-one-channel.html

Thanks for the OTA thread link. I'm not using OTA yet, but I may want it for KETC if Dish doesn't work out a deal with them sometime soon.

BTW Charles, how would you rate the quality of the Dish HD locals compared to what you see OTA? I've been fairly happy with the sat feeds, but it does seem like KMOV's audio sync is a bit off.

Last edited:
BTW Charles, how would you rate the quality of the Dish HD locals compared to what you see OTA? I've been fairly happy with the sat feeds, but it does seem like KMOV's audio sync is a bit off.

I haven't had any sync issues. The OTA antenna is equal to the locals from the sat. Sometimes, I think the OTA is better. I am really glad I have the OTA. I use it quite often to record three channels at the same time. Also, comes in handy if you have satellite signal lose.

If you could DIY, do slight adjustment of your dish.

I think you mean "do it yourself". Never done one before, but a friend is coming over sometime this month and he is going to teach me. Will let you know Smith, P. if that fixes the red 118 LNB.

I am having the same issue with 118. This did start when I received the 449 software download. I do receive the St. Louis locals and they view well. I would suspect that it is a software issue.

Smith, P. here is the latest readings on 118.7. System info check is showing red 118.

12 May 08 - 6:30 PM CDT
O'Fallon, IL 62269
118.7 - Dish 1000+
VIP722 - L4.49

All Transponders show green,
locked, and EchoStar 118 West

01 - 53
02 - 50
03 - 56
04 - 66
05 - 68
06 - 59
07 - 55
08 - 65
09 - 64
10 - 60
11 - 64
12 - 64
13 - Missing
14 - Missing
15 - 63
16 - 58
17 - 55
18 - 55
19 - 53
20 - 59
21 - Missing
22 - 61
23 - 62
24 - 59
25 - 57
26 - 58
27 - 61
28 - 58
29 - 59
30 - 57

You have nice SS for 118.75W transponders; I don't see any problem here.
Nay, tweaking will not help then. Perhaps bad LNBF ?

OK, thanks for the info. There are a lot of us getting the red 118 LNB and no other problems. I guess dish won't do anything since there isn't any drift or signal lose problem. I guess there isn't much I can do right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)