Lnb C

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Abby

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
I just recieved my lnb c in the mail. I want to hook it up to my dish. Here in my current setup. I have a oval 2 daul LNB's. So for cables coming in from the dish,they go into a turk 5x8 multiswitch. 2 lines feed to rca IRDs. $ more lines go into 2 different DVR TIVOs. I have now just installed a HD TIVO. HD 10-250. I still need to hookup the LNB C in order to get HD. Do you just put the lnb into the y connector. Or do you need to also hookup a splitter. Anyone install one before. Any help please.

Thanks

You need a special diplexor called a sat C combiner, since the sat c lnb is at a lower frequency than the sat b lnb. The receiver recognizes those transponders seen on the sat c lnb as a set of sat b lnb's.

If you can't find one, dend me a PM. I have new ones and can send you one at a reasonable price.

I am a professional installer and install a lot of these.

Yes I recieved one with my lnb kit. Also 2 cables. I will have to study the combiner to figure out the hookup.

Check your dish also! My Oval dish had a multiswitch built in. The only thing I needed to was take off the plastic piece in the middle where the LNB for sat C was located and insert the LNB! I didnt need that diplexor at all!

I installed my sat C LNB a while ago and it sounds like the same situation as yours. The kit I had came with a simple diagram that showed how to connect it. I believe the B and C LNBs get combined before the multiswitch. Perhaps DirecTV has a diagram on their web site somewhere.

-JustBob

Ok I ran the setup on the DVR HD 10-250. Yes I didn't need the combiner. I reset sat for a 3 lnb, it went through the setup and I got. In sat 1 and sat 2.

101 OK

119 not detected

110 ok

Hmmm I see that it read the lnb c, but what is up with 119 degrees. Is the lnb bad?

Sounds like your tilt is off a little. Try moving the dish tilt 1/2 degree to left or right to see if that remedy the problem!

Sounds like you need the combiner. There are three cables coming out of the 110 and 119 lnb's. To get 110, without the combiner, you had to connect the 110 single cable directly to the 5x8 without the combiner. In this way, you'd be missing at least half of the 119 transponders.

Ok this seems to be getting more and more confuseing. I was hopeing an expert or installer could give better details. I have the combiner. But my dish has a built in multi switch. I do not see a mutilswitch on the back of the dish. There are 4 cables comeing out of the dish. 2 for lnb 101 and 2 for lnb 119 It says to connect run the cable through the sat arm. But the lnb C already has a set coaixal port for it. Plus even before I got the HD DVR I never got a singal on 119. well before I do anything more I am going to hook up to HD and see what I get.

Sounds like you have the Eagle Aspen dish. Just plug in the "C" LNB and set the dish type on your reveiver.

projectorsrule said:
Sounds like you have the Eagle Aspen dish. Just plug in the "C" LNB and set the dish type on your reveiver.

Yes it does appear that way. I am just curious about sat 119 signal. I dont order anything forigen anyway. Perhaps that why it dosent detect. But I did just plug in lnb c like you said and it seems to be working.

Just an update. I called DTV and order the HD package. Went out for a bit came home and turned it on. Tes I have HD without the use of the combiner. Problem solved thanks everyone. Ok how do I know what setting to set the tivo on? Do I leave it set on 1080i and do I go into my settings and set the dtv setting to 1080i interlaced.

Need help please...............I had the 2 LNB setup, D* sent me the 3rd LNB (sat c) with a splitter. Everything works good. I have orderd the HDDVR. My multiswitch is only a 2x4....I will be moving my other HD reciver to the bedroom when HDDVR comes. What do I need to have HD in both rooms?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)