LNB Drift Detected on 110

asiegler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2005
Just got off talking to a oversea Dish Tech which I could hardly understand her english. Had to hand up with no resolve.

My problem is I did a system check and found out that I have a LNB Drift detected on 110. The reading is as follows: 0x00, 0x00, 110 (e-5). My HD local keep coming in and out. The regular 110 channels are fine. The Dish folks Just installed a Square Shooter/w amp located on the 2nd story roof. The local transmitters are approx 19 miles from my location. Anyone else having this problem? Also what does the Drift actually mean?

Thanks

drift means you need new dish LNB.
1 you can buy one and replace it
2 you can call dish and make appointment and have them replace it

The HD local comes directly off the Square Shooter antenna to my TV. My locals HD channels come in out occasionly. All of the 110 channels off the sat are find with no drift. In fact, there is no problem with any of my dish channels.

Square antenna getting power by receiver, the LNB that drift I'm sure is DPP Twin it runs a high frequency ant those antennas not designed for it. i might be wrong but thats what i believe

There is a old thread with full explanations and OFFICIAL Dish PDF file.

I've heard people mention that Official Dish PDF, but for some reason I can't seem to find it in spite of searching diligently.

So I'm going to break down and ask: Could someone post a link to it here?

Thanks...

yeah let me post something for you, if it is your vip622 that giving the lnb drift,its the software ver for the622 that all,and if you dont trust my jugement,here the test, if you have 625/vip222 test them for lnb drift on those rec and tell me what you get anyone, it should be on all rec right?this is the way dish jerkoff makes there 4900/99.00 service calls,you know the old saying if ant broke dont fix it,if the pic is not freezing on one or other sat you have no problems period! we all read here,we all ask the same qust lnb drift witch is bs,it is all software problems,these jerkoff cant get it right the the firstime, i hope they f!#k better then they write software its the worst! when they get right we all will be happy, even the dtv customers because we have seen the HD Promise Land, there still waiting for dtv jerkoff to fip the switch.so if any dtv people stop waiting and jump aboard and see the land of reality

yeah let me post something for you, if it is your vip622 that giving the lnb drift,its the software ver for the622 that all,and if you dont trust my jugement,here the test, if you have 625/vip222 test them for lnb drift on those rec and tell me what you get anyone, it should be on all rec right?this is the way dish jerkoff makes there 4900/99.00 service calls,you know the old saying if ant broke dont fix it,if the pic is not freezing on one or other sat you have no problems period! we all read here,we all ask the same qust lnb drift witch is bs,it is all software problems,these jerkoff cant get it right the the firstime, i hope they f!#k better then they write software its the worst! when they get right we all will be happy, even the dtv customers because we have seen the HD Promise Land, there still waiting for dtv jerkoff to fip the switch.so if any dtv people stop waiting and jump aboard and see the land of reality

I didn't understand a darn thing you said! :confused:

Not that obvious with software pointing - different models have different software and no one knows here if the algos are the same.
Practically, based on multiple reports here and DBS site, the suggestion is pure theoretical.
So, just replace the LNBF.

It can also happen if you are out of alignment or on the fringe of a beam. I have one saying that where I am but i know for a fact its fine and it never affects me in any way ;0 The most common reason for that error i would say is low reading, for whatever the reason. This could of course in theory include a bad lnb, but I would try re-aligning the dish first (assuming you know how to)

I agree I didn't understand a thing the dude said. I currently have a 211 set.
Thanks to all who responded.

let me say it again i have a vip622 that says lnb drift -05 on 61.5, on 625 status good,vip222 status is also good,and no lost pic and signal 100%,so whats the problem that you don't understand,if the lnb was bad why is not showing bad on other receivers,can some here answer this question professionally,i think they want a service call for 99.00/49.00 then after they come out mess thing up with your dish then you really have to reline your dish for sure.

I could be wrong, but if Dish installed your system initially you don't pay to have something fixed that broke.
I don't think it is worth 99 bucks to Dish to come out for an LNB unless it's really bad. If it's someone they contract with they have to pay them anyway.
Proof of this, is that they say unless it drifts beyond '9' don't worry about. If it gets worse they will send someone out. There have been several posts to this effect on this and other forums.
If they were making money on these, they would be replacing them all the time, even if the drift was small.

but the question is why not on other recevers that i have, this is question i want anwsered no lnb drift on 625/vip222 only vip622 why?

but the question is why not on other recevers that i have, this is question i want anwsered no lnb drift on 625/vip222 only vip622 why?

I believe only the vip622 has updated programming to detect the lnb drift. My lnb drift message appeared after one of the updates in early summer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts