LNB drift on 1000.2 in TWO WEEKS!

sigmtr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Central IL
This is sad. I just installed my own 1000.2 dish a couple of weeks ago and had it working with my 625 just fine. But when I hooked my my new 722 yesterday, I moved the 625 to the second port on the DPP44 to have it around until the 722 had been activated. For the heck of it, I ran the system info (menu 6-1-3) and it took longer than normal. Then the dreaded "Check Details" message, and it reports that the 129 LNB has -6 drift.

So I got the 722 activated today, and once everything was up and running I did the same thing to see if it was consistent. Sure enough, same message.

The 1000.2 was brand-new out of the box from an Ebay dealer, so I have no recourse except to spring for another LNB. Since I've got a wing dish looking at 61.5, I really don't need 129 for national HD, which is all the HD I can get from E*. But really, two weeks and a bad LNB? The old SuperDish at least went four or five years before one crapped out. Heck, it may be time to drag out the old Dish 500 which has a brand-new DP twin on it.

sigmtr

I wouldn't sweat it till it gets to the +/- 8MHz range, when it does call dish, I do believe LNB LO Drift is a *free* service call, if not add DHPP, or just go buy another.... your call.

Yeah, I figured these were my options. But thought it was worth posting since we hear all these problems about 129 being a lousy bird to look at. Maybe those having problems should run the System Info screen to make sure it really isn't their LNB if they have a 1000.2....

I should have also said this is the newer type 1000.2 with the triple LNB that has the integrated DPP switch.

sigmtr

"Maybe those having problems should run the System Info screen to make sure it really isn't their LNB if they have a 1000.2...."

Trust me, the problems with 129 are not LNB related.