lnb drift

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
i am getting a lnb drift message when i check the details box. it says 0x0d,0xat,61.5(e-11) what does this mean and how do i fix it? 61.5 gives me the strongest signal of all my readings.79-80while 110 and 119 run about 52. it is on a dish 500 while everything else is on 1000.2, which has trees at the bottom of the elevation arc. could the trees be why i get low numbers on 110 and 119?

Several people (including me) had the lnb drift message more than five years ago. As I recall, it was essentially a warning that the lnb was failing. When it varied (+ or -) to a certain level, it had to be replaced or you would begin to lose reception.

This, I believe, was acknowledged by Dish to be due to faulty lnb's. I know that they sent a service tech out to replace my lnb at no charge.

How old is your outdoor equipment? I would contact Dish about the message and remind them that many of their lnbs had to be replaced and they did so several years ago at no charge. If yours is old, they should replace yours free, too.

Two of my "new" LNB's: 110 show a drift of e -5; and 119 pops in and out with nothing or e -6. These were just installed not too long ago. Do I need to call someone and have them take a look at this?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

dish network usually monitors lnb drifts, ive gotten service calls, because dish called customer and told customer about the issue. in short, we just replace lnb and its fixed, but yes lnb is failing
call dish they will verify, the info on your screen

i am getting a lnb drift message when i check the details box. it says 0x0d,0xat,61.5(e-11) what does this mean and how do i fix it? 61.5 gives me the strongest signal of all my readings.79-80while 110 and 119 run about 52. it is on a dish 500 while everything else is on 1000.2, which has trees at the bottom of the elevation arc. could the trees be why i get low numbers on 110 and 119?

While you're at it get them to switch you to either 110/119/129 or switch you to 61.5/72.7/77 so you can get more channels.

LNB drift is really frequency drift (oscillator frequency drift for tuning that transponder). The newer receivers can compensate for some drift, but if the drift gets too high the receiver can not compensate for it and that transponder will drop out. The amount of drift is frequently related to the outside temperature. A couple of years ago, I had LNB drift that worsened as the temperature increased. In the AM everything worked OK, but as the day went on and the temperature went up, the LNB drift got worse and channels would start dropping out. At that time, if the LNB drift was greator than 8, dish would replace the LNB. The LNB drift is likely to get worse as time goes on so call Dish and see if you can get it replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)