LNB goes splat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Whats up yall? Get this: I was laying in bed watching tv with my 301 receiver (year and a half old) and all of a sudden I get an error saying my switch configuration is bad. I go to reboot the receiver, take out the smart card, and run a switch test. All it sees is 110, no 119, and it says I'm using a DP feed, not a DP quad like I have that it usually says I have. I go to my living room to check out my 510. Bam, it still works, even did a switch test and it tests out fine. It shows 110 and 119 just fine. I call DISH tech support and have them switch out my 301 with a 301 I had on my shelf not in use. Same thing happens. I call DISH tech support and tell them what happened. I'm now thinking my LNB is going bad. I had the Quad installed back in the Nov-Dec time frame when I added a receiver. Well, the tech person is saying that she could send a tech out to look at it for $99 then tells me that if I sign up for their "premium warranty" they will cut it to $49. Then she tells me that I'm an exclusive customer and that I can get it for $49 with no signing up of anything. Then she tells me about the $1.99 warranty that covers everything. I argue with her saying that the LNB is less than 3-months old. It should be covered under warranty to have a tech come out and fix. She puts me on hold to find out if it is under warranty because I mentioned that I would call back tomorrow because the wife and I would talk about our options about switching. Well, I get transferred (no warning) to someone else and I have to explain the whole thing again. He agrees that it should be under warranty and it does sound like the LNB so he scheduled a tech to come out this Saturday (no cost to me) to take a look at it. Whenever my cable internet goes out a tech will come out free of charge every time. I thought DISH had this same thing. Guess not.

Yeah, I signed up for the $1.99/mo Extended Warranty for my systems. It has paid for itself with a replacement 6000 last fall and a bad Smart Card in the 6000 8 months before that. Now, it looks like I may have a failing Legacy Twin LNBf, so this may be one of my better choices...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)