LNB -legacy to dp swapout

TRADE4JKA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Quick question....

I have a legacy twin and a legacy single lnb currently and I want to swap them out for a dp dual and a dp twin.

Is this as simple as a straight swap or do I need some sort of adaptor because the legacy and the dp's aren't the same shape?

The dp's will be run to a dp34 then to a vip 211 receiver.

Thanks in advance.

Quick question....

I have a legacy twin and a legacy single lnb currently and I want to swap them out for a dp dual and a dp twin.

Is this as simple as a straight swap or do I need some sort of adaptor because the legacy and the dp's aren't the same shape?

The dp's will be run to a dp34 then to a vip 211 receiver.

Thanks in advance.

Not really, all you need to do is replace the LNBs and then run check switch on the receiver. Since you're going from Legacy to DP, you should clear the switch matrix on the receiver first.

Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch.
Replace the lnbs with the DP ones.
Connect the satellite feed and run check switch.

Okay, thanks.

It sounds like physically replacing the LNB's is straight forward, I do not need a different adaptor at the end of the dish arm. Is this correct?

If you have DISH LNBs they use a "D" shaped mount if you have generic Legacy LNBs you may have a rectangular tube. The dish with the rectangular tube can be butchered or the dish replaced with a "D"tube dish.

Why a SW34 if you're just running one 211? Would be less clutter to use a DP Dual and a DP Plus Twin. Otherwise, yes, it's a straightforward swap.

I had previously purchased a 34 thinking it would work on legacy. I also found a guy that has the dp dual and dp twin for $30.

I will also be running a 508 or fta in addition to the 211, that's why I am going to use the 34.

Btw - the back of the 211 says it is dpp compatible. I am assuming this will work with just the dp dual and dp twin run thru the 34 switch?

Thanks Boba. I have dish legacy lnb's, so it should be a straight swap without butchering.

Yes the 211 will work just fine. Just keep in mind if you add a dual tuner receiver to your setup you will need to run 2 lines off of the dp34.

I had previously purchased a 34 thinking it would work on legacy. I also found a guy that has the dp dual and dp twin for $30.

I will also be running a 508 or fta in addition to the 211, that's why I am going to use the 34.

Btw - the back of the 211 says it is dpp compatible. I am assuming this will work with just the dp dual and dp twin run thru the 34 switch?

Ah, makes sense then. Like Wickedude said, yes it'll work fine. If you want a Twin Plus I would ship one to you for $10 (to cover shipping and handling). Actually, I have a lot of extra LNBs I can do without. XD Nice thing about the Plus is you can run two single tuner receivers (like your 508 and 211), a single-tuner and a dual-tuner, or two dual-tuners off those two cables without an external switch like the SW34. Three or more receivers would require the SW34, DPP33, or DPP44 though. Just PM me if you're interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)