"LNB Output Failed"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bradcny

Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
This is more of a question out of curiosity since it doesn't seem to affect anything. When I ran a system check the other day to test if my phone line was working on a receiver, one of the tests is an LNB output test. My receiver failed it. Like I said, I have no problems watching TV, but I was curious as to what it means and if it may cause me a problem in the future.

I tested 32 transponders and all except for two are in the high 80s or low 90s. The two that aren't are in the 40s and 60s.

It's been my experience that, if the unit is a D10, and the dish is NOT the 3 LNB, that one test always fails, it failed for me with a dual lnb, until I got a 3 LNB dish and now it checks: OK.

I am guessing that it is because the test tries to switch to a diferent LNB(different satellite) during the test, and since a dual LNB only has one satellite(LNB), it never sees the other 2 satellites(LNBs), so it fails, optimally, it should have detected it was a dual, and either bypass the test, and/or base the test on some other method that wouldn't be fooled.

Last edited:
I just installed a D10 using a phase III dish. The lnb output test failed on 110 and 119. Later I got a message about a software upgrade, so I let it do it and when it was done it wanted to install yet another upgrade. After that the LNB test passed. My R15 has never had a LNB output test failure. I think it has something to do with the D10 software as the upgrades seemed to resolve the problem.

Dan52,
Thanks, since you mention that, it is possible that it was software, I do not know which revision you had when you did that install.

All I know is, I had a dual lnb at first (which failed that test but worked perfect, just wanted the 3lnb dish for other reasons), I then replaced the dual with the 3 lnb dish, for both dishes the software was at 0204 (5/27/05), and the same test with a 3lnb passed with that same revision (still 0204) that failed the dual lnb.

FYI, since then, I've gotten 2 other updates (both occured after having the 3lnb), one was 101B (6/21/05), and the most recent was 1027 (12/8/05).

Also it should be noted this is with a D10-100.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)