LNB Output Failure H20-100 (with Zinwell WB68)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

krmatth

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
Centerville, OH
Installed a Zinwell WB68 to add a 5t receiver. Noticed two things that have me puzzled. First, on my H20-100, the system test states "LNB Output Failure" but I seem to be receiving everything I'm subscribed to. Second relates to the Slimline dish. When I called to upgrade my system for the "new" HD I guess I expected to have 5 LNB's. When I access the receiver setup page the system asks which type of dish I have and defaults to the "3 LNB Oval" selection. I'm in the Dayton, OH (45458) DMA if that's any help. Is this normal and, if not, should I run setup again and select the 5 LNB option? Are my two concerns related? Note, I did not run setup again after installing the Zinwell as everything appeared to work correctly. Any advice is appreciated. (I've also posted this to the DirecTV Forums lookin gor an answer)

Installed a Zinwell WB68 to add a 5t receiver. Noticed two things that have me puzzled. First, on my H20-100, the system test states "LNB Output Failure" but I seem to be receiving everything I'm subscribed to. Second relates to the Slimline dish. When I called to upgrade my system for the "new" HD I guess I expected to have 5 LNB's. When I access the receiver setup page the system asks which type of dish I have and defaults to the "3 LNB Oval" selection. I'm in the Dayton, OH (45458) DMA if that's any help. Is this normal and, if not, should I run setup again and select the 5 LNB option? Are my two concerns related? Note, I did not run setup again after installing the Zinwell as everything appeared to work correctly. Any advice is appreciated. (I've also posted this to the DirecTV Forums lookin gor an answer)

Hi... I have the same "switch" and a slimline so i'll check and get back to you. First a question - do you have four input lines to the Zinwell? I have four in and six out. :cool:

H20-600

Mine is a -600 but it reads Oval, 5LNBs and does NOT say anything about LNB failures ( this is all on the Info&test -- System Info) When I run the System Test, under LNB Output just says "OK"
Hope this helps.:cool:

Thanks for the info. I have 4 in and 5 out. Everything appears to be working fine so I'll just learn to live with the indication on the system test.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts