LNB Problem

Harry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Las Cruces, NM
I have a Dish 500 I am having trouble with. I suspect it is the switch but I am confused on the LNB's.

I can get the 119 but not the 110 satellite. (Used to get them both just fine) It doesn't matter which LNB as I've tested them both. I've done check switches, re-aimed, re-skewed and re-leveled. I even bypassed the switch but still only see the 119.

I was under the impression that the two LNB's would receive only the frequencies for their respective satellites. Either my assumption is wrong or I have some really messed up LNB's!

My question is, are the LNB's interchangable or are they specific for each satellite?

Sounds like you have 2 duals with a SW21 switch

The LNB’s are interchangeable. What I would do is put the LNB on the 110 slot to see if it’s working on 110 only….hook it up and do a check switch. The receiver should see 110 only. Hook both LNB’s back into the switch and redo a check switch….if it doesn’t acknowledge the switch, then the switch is bad : )

Adding to what Iceberg said....

Don't forget that they are reversed in position too.

If you are standing in FRONT of the dish where the two LNB's are, 110 will be on the left and 119 will be on the right. (Just to clarify) ;)

Iceberg said:
Sounds like you have 2 duals with a SW21 switch

The LNB’s are interchangeable. What I would do is put the LNB on the 110 slot to see if it’s working on 110 only….hook it up and do a check switch. The receiver should see 110 only. Hook both LNB’s back into the switch and redo a check switch….if it doesn’t acknowledge the switch, then the switch is bad : )

I've done that. Sounds like the switch is bad. I was curious as to the LNB's being interchangable. Would they get the 61.5 satellite if I pointed one of them to it?

And note that Legacy switching options are limited.

If you're going to use one of those LNBs for 61.5, then the easy way to get everything (119/110/61.5) is to buy a Legacy Twin. The Twin goes to Port 1 of the SW21, the Wing (61.5) goes to Port #2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)