LNB Problem

swilson2000

Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
I am posting this just to make sure I am correct on this. I have a DPP LNB on my Dish 1000 that I am having trouble receiving from satellite 110 but 119 works fine. When I do a check switch I receive from the 119 but 110 doesn't show up and if it does it has a red X.

From what I have read the switch is part of the LNB and is most likely the problem causing me from receiving from the 110 satellite, So by replacing the LNB it should fix this problem. Thanks for the help.

what exactly check switch says when you to it? (please be detailed) that is a good signal nothing in front of the dish?

on my Dish 322 I get the message after running my switch check..

"one of the satellite inputes or switches is not connected properly. Normal operation will be adversely affected."

On my Dish 311

"Warning - only one satellite connected" That of which is my 119 satellite that I don't seem to be having much of a problem with.

Although from time to time the entire signal goes out for a while and I can go thought and find a transponder that has a better signal and it will usually reconnect..

Run a check switch without any sat cables connected to your receiver. Then replace the cables and rerun check switch with the cables connected. This might help clear your check switch matrix and reestablish the connections for all sats.

Run a check switch without any sat cables connected to your receiver. Then replace the cables and rerun check switch with the cables connected. This might help clear your check switch matrix and reestablish the connections for all sats.

tried that last night on both still samething...

as to the 129 satellite I don't use it...

Does the 119 show in the first position or the second position.

In the switch check it shows in the first slot..

As far as a clear line of sight the closest object is a dead tree about 100+ feet away which was there and living when the dish was installed..

I have a question for yall. My friend had a small fire that ruined the floor of the trailer. She had all coaxes cut and the laminate floor replaced . My friend has a dish 500 set up on a pole near her trailer.

She had a cable guy look and run a coax to her house from the pole grounding connections. It still has the origional coaxes from a dish pro lnb run to the ground connection. THe cable guy ran a coax but it says Bright House cable 18 catv cable. I can't really tell if it is RG6.

I repeaked the Dish and it gets 119 in the 107 strength or greater. IT is an old 2700 model receiver. It does work and did at my house when I checked it. IT also has a new smartcard . When I run a check switch I only get 119 period in the switch matrix. IT doesn't get any EVEN transponders on 119 though. IT also doesn't get 110 at all.

I also cleared the matrix entirely and rebooted it and unplugged it etc. Still the same results; IT only says 119 and it doesn't get any even transponders. 110 is entirely out of the picture.

My question is , Is it the catv cable that the guy ran or is it the lnb? I tried a quad and it came out the same way. I tried a dish pro dual and it came out the exact same way. So I think it is the cable he used . If it is RG59 it won't work with sat as far as I know.

What do ya'll think is the problem? The cable or the lnb or both?

Souns like the cable to me, specially since you're not getting the even tps. Even tps are on the highest frequencies so try a different cable run just for testing.

Na it's sounds like the Dish needs to be peaked to me. Plus if you used a Dual the 2700 would only see 1 satellite unless you had a switch. If you used a DP Dual the 2700 would not read that at all or if it did it would give you funky readings. You need to use Legacy LNB's with a 2700.

That cable says 18ga for the center conductor I would bet. That is RG-6 I doubt that any cable guy has RG-59 it costs more than RG-6 and you have to carry around special fittings for RG-59.

Na it's sounds like the Dish needs to be peaked to me. Plus if you used a Dual the 2700 would only see 1 satellite unless you had a switch. If you used a DP Dual the 2700 would not read that at all or if it did it would give you funky readings. You need to use Legacy LNB's with a 2700.

That cable says 18ga for the center conductor I would bet. That is RG-6 I doubt that any cable guy has RG-59 it costs more than RG-6 and you have to carry around special fittings for RG-59.

I'm inclined to agree. The fact it says "Brighthouse" lends credence to the RG-6 theory. Either a repeak...OR...the LNB/receiver is crapping out. Both are certainly possible given the fact there was a recent fire.

Okay I read up on the 2700 /2800 model on the dishdepot.com website and they say it would only work with a legacy style lnb. I was trying to use dish pro lnbs. I also replaced the cable with RG6 cable so it didn't fix the problem. As to the dish point, I used the proper skew 121 and the elevation is 48 -same as for my area. I used the sat meter to peak it and received good signals in the 100s on 119 odd transponders only. IF the 2700/2800 receiver only works with legacy style lnbs , it would explain why my dish pro dual didn't work either when I tried it .

"IF the 2700/2800 receiver only works with legacy style lnbs , it would explain why my dish pro dual didn't work either when I tried it ."

You need a DP adapter if you're gonna use a legacy receiver with a DP LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts