LNB/Switch Problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snarfblat

Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
I have a Dish 500 dish and a 522 receiver. The LNB is the DishPro Plus with three coax connections (1, 2, LNB IN). I have the Separator for the 522 receiver that takes the single line from the LNB and splits it into the Sat 1 and 2 inputs on the back of the receiver. According to info I found elsewhere, it says to run the single RG6 coax from port 1 on the LNB to the separator. So I've done this. When I run Check Switch, it comes up saying there's a problem "that may adversely affect operation." When the results screen comes up, it's saying RECEPTION ERROR in red next to Status. I see "Conn" under ports 1 and 2 of both satellite inputs, and X's next to Trans. The switch shows up as a DPP Twin. On the Details screen, it says LNB status is Direct connect to DPP-Twin. Ports 1 and two it says Good Connection, No Signal. The dish is aimed as well as I can get it using one of those little accessory satellite aiming boxes. But I still show no signal coming into the receiver. Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks! Rob

The LNB is connected properly but the dish is not peaked correctly. You need to double check that your mast is perfectly plumb and repeak the dish. If you aim the dish off of port 1 that will be the 119. You should be able to peak it to at least 70 points of signal using the newer signal meter.

If everything is good, why do I still get the error message when running the Check Switch test? Is it because the LNB IN port is not connected? I moved the dish to a clearer place, re-aimed it, and peaked it as best I could with the little satellite finder. I still get no indication of any signal whatsoever on the receiver. On the signal strength screen, my settings are zipcode, Dish 500, Tuner Input 01, Transponder 06, Satellite 119. I've played with all those settings and nothing changes. At the bottom it says, "Not Locked - Name Not Acquired." Rob

You just said it - Not locked. It says its connected properly to the LNB but the LNB is not pointed correctly.

Your signal meter is saying non locked which means its not locking on the correct satellite. Your not aiming at the right bird or your dish is off. When you are pointing it correctly the signal bar will turn green, change tones, and say locked on to whatever bird you see - For example if pointing off the 119 it will say Locked - Echostar 119 West.

You should be able to pull in at least 50 points on the new signal meter. Try repointing the dish using the receivers signal meter. Your not pointing it correctly using the method your using now. Most satellite meters do not work with DPP twins also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts