LNB vibration caused coax to come loose

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
Here's an interesting problem I just resolved.

I have 2 dishes - a Dish500 at 110/119 and another Dish500 at 129. Last Sunday (2/14), I noticed that the 129 channels were coming in and out and by the end of the day they were all out. Last summer, I replaced the LNB on the 110/119 dish because it was behaving the same way. So yesterday I got on the roof to check it out. What I determined was that the LNB wasn't screwed down all that well and would wobble a bit when the breeze hit it. Apparently that slight wobble created a sympathic vibration that caused the coax to become unscrewed from the LNB - probably over a period of months.

Easy fix and I was thankful it wasn't something that would cost me anything, but it was certainly surprising.

Just thought I'd post this for future edification.

By the way, having a slingbox and the slingplayer mobile app on your phone is fantastic for when you're on the roof and troubleshooting signal issues. For me, gone are the days where I'd have to talk to someone on the phone so they could tell me what was on the TV screen. Love it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts