Lnb

carnagez28

Original poster
Jul 5, 2022
Pittsburgh
I have a DirecTV slimline 36" oval dish with a sl3 swm lnb and power supply. I had old dish damaged in storm and it was a little smaller oval. I also have an h24-200 receiver. Is this equipment all compatible? I tried everything and I can't get a signal and it is unobstructed. Any help would be appreciated

:welcome to Satelliteguys carnagez28!
It is all compatible. Can you describe how everything is connected?

4ft. cable from receiver to swm power supply, 50ft. cable to slimline dish with 3lnb swm, can't seem to line up 220° because of the tilt
What are you using to set the tilt on the dial? Are you using magnetic north?

You are trying to point at something the size of a bus that's 22,000 miles away, have patience! ;) Again, how did you set the tilt/skew? And did you use the red line as Jimbo suggested for the elevation?

I made sure the mast was perfectly plumb with the little circle level , then I set the tilt at the number it calls fwhich it calls for on the TV in my area, on satfindermy elev. is30. 0, my az is57. 3 and tilt is 0.0, which is totally different than on the TV setup. There the tilt is 60, the el is37. 1 and azim is221.5

The tilt is most definitely not zero. You would have to be approximately due north of Amarillo TX. The second set of numbers seem about right.

This is what I found for a general Pittsburgh area.

Address: Pittsburgh, Pa
Latitude: 40.4406°
Longitude: -79.9959°

Elevation: 38.5°
Azimuth (true): 210.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 219.9°
LNB Skew [?]: 22.8°

Carnagez, your SKEW should go to 77.
This should fix your trouble.
Turn clockwise standing behind the dish

The settings I need is for area code 16351, Tidioute , Pa. I have a camp and bring my receiver with me when I go up there.
Your settings should be Very close to the same ... so much so that if you set everything up in Pittsburgh, I would not change anything and try it there.

Heres the actual ones for 16351

Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 37.0°
Azimuth (true): 210.8°
Azimuth (magn.): 220.8°
LNB Skew [?]: 22.5°

As you can see, they are very close.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This is what I found for a general Pittsburgh area.

Address: Pittsburgh, Pa
Latitude: 40.4406°
Longitude: -79.9959°

Elevation: 38.5°
Azimuth (true): 210.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 219.9°
LNB Skew [?]: 22.8°

Carnagez, your SKEW should go to 77.
This should fix your trouble.
Turn clockwise standing behind the dish
I am curious why the skew should go to 77 if it says 22.8 ?