Lobbying for HD local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgowling

Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
Bakersfield
Is there a way to lobby D* to get HD Local Channels? And would it do any good? Does anyone know how they determine which cities are next up to get coverage? I'm frustrated because I'm in a city of 365,000 people (Bakersfield, CA) with no HD locals available, and yet I read of all these dinky little towns (no offense intended) that get them. Obviously they don't just target the largest cities. Any insight???

Is there a way to lobby D* to get HD Local Channels? And would it do any good? Does anyone know how they determine which cities are next up to get coverage? I'm frustrated because I'm in a city of 365,000 people (Bakersfield, CA) with no HD locals available, and yet I read of all these dinky little towns (no offense intended) that get them. Obviously they don't just target the largest cities. Any insight???

It goes roughly by the Neilson ratings ...
I say roughly, because from time to time someone will get skipped and come on a bit later.

Where is Bakersfield in the ratings ?

Check your signal strength on the 103 / 21 , what is your strength.
This is where KBAK is located in HD.

Last edited:
3 reasons
-the "rinky dink" markets in a lot of cases do not have a full set of nets. So they just "borrow" the missing nets from a market that is already up
-your SD locals are on 119. In alot of cases those 119 markets are down on the list due to bandwidth issue (thats the reason they were on 119 instead of 101)
-possible retransmission disputes? I noticed you only have 5 nets on Directv (plus national PBS)

I think its more point 2. My "market" (Duluth, MN) is the same way. They're on 119 and the spotbeam is full because of Minneapolis)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)