Local ads on national channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I cannot wait for the day after election day. I see nothing but NC senate race ads on commercial breaks. Makes me want a third party more than ever. To know that Dish is inserting them on national channels as well doesn't endear them to me, unless it keeps my rates down anyway.

It was enacted to help battle some costs. How much of that helps our costs and how much helps line pockets, not sure, but every little bit helps... Right?

I cannot wait for the day after election day. I see nothing but NC senate race ads on commercial breaks. Makes me want a third party more than ever. To know that Dish is inserting them on national channels as well doesn't endear them to me, unless it keeps my rates down anyway.
Amen!! I am so sick of this campaign .Can't turn on the tv, can't turn on the radio, or open the mailbox without being reminded that both Hagan and Tillis are devil incarnates.It boggles the mind how much money has been spent.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What I found amusing is that I have seen ads in 3 different locations attacking 3 different candidates from the same political party and all they did was change the name of the candidate. Everything else was exactly the same!:eek

Ha... Gotta love the American Political System. Can say the same thing 10 different ways, but it will always have the same meaning. I was watching Pawn Stars, and they were talking about the Abraham lincoln debates, and apperantly it was the same thing.

What I found amusing is that I have seen ads in 3 different locations attacking 3 different candidates from the same political party and all they did was change the name of the candidate. Everything else was exactly the same!:eek
Yep, having locals from two different regions, I've seen both parties do it. Take a cookie-cutter ad developed by the party and insert name of choice.

How are they doing that ? I mean, two candidates from the "other" party have done the same things "wrong" ?

On a related note, Ohio actually has a law against making false claims in political advertising and just last month, a judge declared that law unconstitutional ! Sadly, lying is protected by freedom of speech (I guess ?). I just learned about this as one candidate is running ads saying their opponent gave themself a raise while on a council or commission when in fact they're not allowed to do that (the person did vote in favor of increasing the pay of NEW councilers/commissioners but existing members aren't eligible).

By the way, everyone discussing this has done a real good job of not mentioning candidate's names, parties, etc !! :biggrin Keeping it non-political this way, IMO.

I suspect the reason the ads aren't HD is because they send the same ads to SD and HD receivers. Could they do HD and SD as applicable ? Probably, but it's much simpler this way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Yeah, LAZINESS. Just like all the other pushed video they send to our DVR's (sent in SD). Heaven forbid Dish should really try to maintain the high quality experience during their local drop-ins. I, for one, would greatly appreciate it. Considering that nearly 95% of ads are in HD now, the SD drop-ins are really a negative experience, and the volume is higher as well, and that is a big turn-OFF.

I wonder if local ads are why my 30 second skip has been acting so glitchy lately when watching live (buffered) programming.

Sometimes, it will overshoot on the skip forward. Then, when you go back 10 seconds, it will go back 5 or 10 minutes - or even up to an hour, all the way to the start of the buffer.

I haven't really noticed any local insert ads though, and I could care less if they were HD, SD, RealPlayer, VHS, or just a static picture of a pineapple for 30 seconds. Either I'm watching a recording, have a buffer, or the TV is off and I'm doing something else.

Reactions: TheKrell
You haven't noticed these ads but are blaming them for erratic DVR behavior ?

Other people have said that they may cause erratic behavior, and the frequency of local insert ads has increased due to the election, at the same time my problems have increased.

It's correlative, which is why I said "I wonder".

A few days ago we had anti Snyder adds everywhere, on many channels. No idea who he is, googled him, a Republican running for Governor in Michigan. But we live in California!
Local insertion fail.

Yeah, I had been getting a bunch of West Virginia political ads ("save our coal") here in FL.

Oh wait, that is by design...nevermind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)