Local Channel Re-mapping on 721?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
okay, signed up for Locals the other day (Wife wanted to be able to see Dr. Phil on the Dish boxes.
The locals showed up quickly in the 8300 range on all 3 boxes (2 311's and 1 721). But only the 311's got them re-mapped into the OTA number range, the 721 only has them in the 8300 range.
Is the 721 unable to have them re-mapped? Wanted to verify here if that was the case before I started CSR roulette.

thanks,

I had the same problem.......I had to power down the receiver over night and the channels were there in the morning...hope this helps.

It can take 24 hours or so for the mapping to happen. You don't have to do anything. The next day, they will just be there.

Hey guys, my locals are out and i have no idea what's wrong with them. I will call dish eventually but it's so annoying, i figured i would try here first?

A little more info please.

Locals from what city?
All the channels or just the maps to the "regular" channel number?
What receiver?
What is your regular package? AT60?

I know it seems like unrelated questions but there is a reason for all of them.

What city's locals? The answer lets us know what satellite the locals are on. We can quickly find out then if you are having problems picking up that satellite.

What package is also related in that if you have AT60, you are very unlikely to notice if you "lost" a satellite unless it was 119°.

What receiver lets us know what some possible bugs and bug fixes might be.

No one ever goes to a doctor and says, "Doctor, I'm sick." and expects a cure without the doc asking a few questions.
See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts