Local Channels and HD Package Only?

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
Since I am scheduled to have VOOM installed soon, is there a way I could subscribe to the E local and HD pkg only? With Voom I will get 2 months of the VA VA VOOM pkg free and won't need the other E packages. This way if VOOM folds, I could go back to E. Either way I need the local channels, at least.
Thanks.

are you subscribing to dish just to get hdnet and movies? if you want you can just subscribe to locals. it would be an extra 5 dollar fee.

I am leasing the 811 and would have to send it back if I cancel the hd pkg. If Voom goes under i am screwed with HD.

good point. you have to have the hd pak with a lease. i am not sure if they require you to maintain one of their regular packages.

I think you can just have the hd package only and pay the 5 dollar fee. I believe someone on the forum does that.

If he is under the DHA plan, it says in the contract that you must maintain a minimum of AT60 or higher.

I just bought the 921 with 34" tv combo and I just have the HD pac with locals, I also have Voom so I didn't need dish other channels. I am trying to do a comparison betweent hw two services. Hard to do without the Voom dvr. That is a deal breaker for me. While I like Vooms picture their exclusive hd channels don't do a lot for me and the guide system feels clunky to me, plus it's ahrd to read from my viewing distance.

snathanb said:
If he is under the DHA plan, it says in the contract that you must maintain a minimum of AT60 or higher.

Should I : 1) return the HD receiver and just keep locals. (if I can just keep locals)

Or: 2) buy the 801 and keep locals

Or: 3) switch to AT 60, keep the 801 and locals and keep my fingers crossed that VOOM survives or:

4) take door number 3 :)

This is like playing cards...

If I were you I'd continue to lease the dish equipment. I'm not an advocate of owning satellite equipment that I could end up being stuck with, especially with pending upgrades.

So drop to at60 and hd pack.

$31.99 + 9.99 = 41.98

If you leave dish all together and just go voom, that's really dangerous because if voom goes under, then you'd have to buy dish equipment to go back to them, since you wouldn't be able to get any new customer lease promos

So drop to at60 and hd pack.

$31.99 + 9.99 = 41.98

If you leave dish all together and just go voom, that's really dangerous because if voom goes under, then you'd have to buy dish equipment to go back to them, since you wouldn't be able to get any new customer lease promos[/QUOTE]

I agree. Thanks BFG and other responders :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)