Local channels and Sling TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Have been using Sling at my office for about 8 months now. Love everything about it except for the lack of locals. It seems like Sling is falling behind in this area, since Youtube TV carries locals in many markets. Is there any word about when (if ever) Sling plans to try and catch up?

I'd rather they didn't unless locals is optional. No need to add another $10 to the service for locals

I’d be ok with it being optional. We have an OTA antenna on the roof and use that for locals, but that only works in rooms that have a coax outlet. HD Homerun would be a work-around for this but they don’t allow streaming over different subnets and we have several in the facility, so that’s a no-go.

Sling wanted to add CBS and all its affiliate stations awhile back. It happened when DISH satellite contract renewal came up. Sling pushed hard, CBS pushed back, many markets temporarily lost CBS and DISH caved and settled for just keeping locals on their satellite service. I will say I live in N GA and from time to time when I had Sling through Windstream I would get WAGA FOX Atlanta live station, other times I just got the on demand version. I'm sure it had something to do with my IP address at the time. So I do know FOX O&O stations in certain markets are live. ABC in a select few markets used to be live. Not sure now. With all the other streaming services I'm sure the price for locals is buried in the cost somewhere. It would be nice as an ala carte option vs having to pay regardless.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)