local channels dissappeared

yellowdog12

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
atlanta, ga
Just in time for the Olympics opening ceremony, all three of my HD DVR boxes (2 x622, 1 722) have dropped all local channels. I called Dish, and they can't have anyone look at it until after the olympics are over - sometime mid August. I ran check switch, and it shows all four sattelites working properly. However, system info shows a warning on 61.5 (where the locals are) and under details makes no mention of 61.5 at all. It shows dozens of signal loss events on both tuners on all machines. I'm guessing the LNB on 61.5 is failing. Any ideas on how I can get this resolved? It is pretty ridiculous to wait 4 weeks for a technician. There are no local companies that I am aware of.

I have been planning on upgrading to the hopper system - but I can't get reliable signal it seems. I've been having various signal issues for 2 years now.. At the tech's insistence, I removed dozens of very large trees at a huge expense, so I have clear view of the satellites. Still no luck. Any ideas?

thanks...

It's not clear that your 1000.4 (?) is aligned properly. What signal strength do you see on different transponders on 61.5?

If you have to replace the whole LNB/switch assembly to fix a bad LNB, that can be done fairly easily and cheaply and without re-aligning the dish. That's assuming you're handy with a screwdriver and you can reach the dish. If not, then you could always hire a local installer to fix it. I agree it is ridiculous that Dish is making you wait 4 weeks. Just for grins, you might ask a DIRT team member how long it would take them to upgrade you to two Hoppers. If they can come out the next day as they have for some folks, then I'd say "Go for it!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts