Local channels in 721 Guide

sjhart

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I noticed on my 721 (which is new) that the local channels show up in the listing by their OTA number (2,3,4,5,13, etc.) as well as in the 8000s. However, on my Model 6000 this doesn't happen. What's this about?

I believe the reason is that because the 6000 can tune to OTA channels (with the optional tuner) They chose not to remap the 'satellite' locals even if you do not have the tuner.

The 6000 can not remap the local channels due to the fact that the 6000 can also tune OTA Channels with the 8vsb module.

Imagine the confusion if you had a local channel 8 and you were getting it both OTA and via satellite. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 6000 can not remap the local channels due to the fact that the 6000 can also tune OTA Channels with the 8vsb module.

Imagine the confusion if you had a local channel 8 and you were getting it both OTA and via satellite. :)
Yes, but in order to tune in, say, channel 2 (digital) on the 6000 you have to input 0-0-2. Pressing a single 2 for analog would not be confusing at all.
My wife wants to input 2 and that's it. She doesn't want to hear about 8000's or 00's.

n0qcu, what does it mean when it says "You have a problem with authority, Mr. Anderson." underneath the IP information? It never said that when I was using my other web browser.

Off Topic
Stargazer said:
n0qcu, what does it mean when it says "You have a problem with authority, Mr. Anderson." underneath the IP information? It never said that when I was using my other web browser.
:D :D :D
These are "random" quotes (from movies?). The one you refer to was from The Matrix

Check out http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg and put that into your signature. :D[/i]

Shows how many movies I have watched, lol. I figure one person stating IP information is enough for now, although I post a great deal, and people would be seeing it quite often, I did not want to copy someone else's idea.

Well, if you go to danasoft.com, you can create your own personal signature with up to 10 quotes (50 char max each) and then you'd be fairly unique! ;-)

Thanks for the answers! I don't have the optional tuner installed, but I guess that doesn't matter. SJ

Probably the easiest thing for your wife is to just make a favorites list of the locals and with a press or two of the guide button she will be right there and can choose her program.

Rob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)