Local channels in the guide

marvin3232

Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Hi, this is my first post here. I was wondering if it is possible to get the local channels from my basic cable to appear in the channel guide. I have the basic cable connected to the back of the receiver to the cable/antenna input. I can watch the basic cable if I change the channel on the TV from input to the regular channels, but it would be nice if I could just access them in the guide. Thanks btw I have a dish pvr 501

marvin3232 said:
Hi, this is my first post here. I was wondering if it is possible to get the local channels from my basic cable to appear in the channel guide. I have the basic cable connected to the back of the receiver to the cable/antenna input. I can watch the basic cable if I change the channel on the TV from input to the regular channels, but it would be nice if I could just access them in the guide. Thanks btw I have a dish pvr 501

Don't think thats possible with the 501.

Hi Marvin,

Sorry to say that the 501 will not show your locals in the guide unless they are available on Dish Network AND you subscribe to the package. The old 5000 and 6000 receivers (limited info) and the 811 and 921 HDTV receivers can show locals (antenna) in the guide.

See ya
Tony

Current Dtv, switch to DISH?

DP44 Installation Manual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)