Local channels issue from "moving" my service address

bliss171

Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Missouri
Hello noobie here. i am hoping that somebody can help me. I recently changed my service address to St. Louis in order to get their local channels. I live in a very rural area and cannot get any locals in Hd so i moved my address. Now that i have done that I get error code 536. The two non hd channels from there come in fine but the HD channels do not. can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks!

Where do you live? Town is enough. Which dish or satellites do you see on the receiver? If you have the correct dish looking in the right direction, you'll get the channels. The eastern arc sats (61.5, 72 and 77) will give you the HD channels.

If you push the info button twice on a channel, you can see which satellite the channel is coming from.

St Louis is on both arcs so as long as you're in the spotbeam you'll get them fine

It sounds like you might be on Western Arc (110/119/129). Reason I ask that is the footprint for the HD channels doesnt cover most of MO (the SD channels do cover the area) while on EA it does cover alot of MO.

Last edited:
or you can check the spotbeam signal

on the receiver go menu 6-1-1
Depending on which arc you are on change the options on the screen to
satellite 129
transponder 10

or if on Eastern Arc
satellite 61.5
transponder 07

and see what the signal shows. Once you select it wait up to 10 seconds for the signal to show on the meter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)