Local channels not in HD.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tj1182

Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I had my Dish installed last week. I boot it up and was getting ready to watch my shows, but all my local channels aren't in HD, and I don't get NBC. I'm stationed in Fort Rucker Alabama. Does that have something to do with it? The only thing I'm happy with is that I get WPIX NY (A hometown channel)

Ft Rucker gets its locals from Dothan. They are not available in HD so that is why you are not getting them that way. You might be able to get them with an antenna hooked up to your Dish receiver.... Dothan doesn't have an NBC channel at all. Cable gets their NBC from Montgomery for the Dothan area.

Oh I see. I have Time Warner as well, was going to get rid of it for Dish. I get all the locals and NBC with TW. The only reason I had TW was for the MLB package. Now I might as well get rid of Dish. Does DirecTV have the locals and NBC in HD?

I'm a basic guy who watches Sports and TV shows. TW's MLB package is horrible, none of the games are in HD, only ten or so HD channels. I can't find the total package I need. HELP! lol.

Now I might as well get rid of Dish.
Your 24 month programming commitment to DISH is going to put you in a bind.
Does DirecTV have the locals and NBC in HD?
The locals situation is the same with DIRECTV.

A curiosity in the Dothan market with DIRECTV is that they will provide you with HD equipment even if you subscribe only to SD programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts