Local channels not mapping down.

dslate69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2006
NC
Everything is setup and working; the "locals" in my new city are coming in fine. I am just not getting them mapped down to their "local channel numbers". All other map downs (A&E, ESPN, etc.) are mapped down.
Are map downs configurable now? I can't find the settings for it like I once could (might be overlooking it).
Seems like last time I moved I had to wait until the 3am update for the local map downs to show up, but that has come and gone.

It can take up to 24 hours for the locals to map right but depending on the receiver check to see if a setting is wrong. On my 811 there is an option to map down the Dish locals to their "normal" spot or leave them in the 7000-9000 region

I have a 622 and 625. I only messed with the 622's settings but for the life of me couldn't find the map down settings. My old city mapped down and I haven't changed anything.
I am at work and didn't want to waste my time calling DISH to have them tell me to call back when I am in front of the receiver.
I thought for sure the 3am update would force them down. Maybe they will be there when I get home, but I don't see how when a "3am update" and several "check switch\program guide updates" didn't do it.
dunno

Fixed - had to call DISH

Somehow I was receiving the "new" locals without the "new" address being entered on their system. Dunno how I can qualify for the locals but not qualify for the map downs but one of the CSR's managed to do it.

I love DISH but the 2 things I HATE are the CSRs that only qualification is being able to read a script and the default record on their DVRs are set to "All" instead of "Once". Luckily I rarely ever have to call tech support :), but I record all the time. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts