Local Channels on Dish

nsillej

Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
Terre Haute, IN
I have been searching the Internet all morning to figure out how to get ABC with dish network. For whatever reason ABC is not available on dish where i live. However I do have basic cable via Time Warner cable (channels 2-13 including ABC and ABC in HD) I am wondering if there is any way to get this to work on the system that i am getting installed by dish network later this week. The goal is to be able to dvr some shows on ABC so I can watch them with my wife.

Thank You for your help.

I have been searching the Internet all morning to figure out how to get ABC with dish network. For whatever reason ABC is not available on dish where i live. However I do have basic cable via Time Warner cable (channels 2-13 including ABC and ABC in HD) I am wondering if there is any way to get this to work on the system that i am getting installed by dish network later this week. The goal is to be able to dvr some shows on ABC so I can watch them with my wife.

Thank You for your help.

There is no way to record ABC shows from cable on your Dish DVR. If you can get an ABC station HD-OTA, the 612, 622, and 722 can record it with the OTA tuner.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!

Is getting your local ABC OTA on an antenna an option?

Not really, First off I live in an apartment, second the nearest ABC channel is over 60 miles away, and difficult to receive with a Directional Antenna...