Local Channels

southpaw748

Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Charleston SC
I took my Dish this weekend to tailgate in Athens GA and I am from Charleston SC. I got the DISH setup and was getting Satillites 110, 119, and 129 at or above 70%. All my channels were working except for my local channels.

I don't need to have my local channels from Charleston but would like to have the ability to watch ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC when I am away from Charleston SC. I do not want to use an OTA.

My next trip is to Knoxville TN and I won't to figure this out before I head up there considering I will be further away from my local channels.

How do I get ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC when I am away from my local area?
?
All help is appreciated.

I took my Dish this weekend to tailgate in Athens GA and I am from Charleston SC. I got the DISH setup and was getting Satillites 110, 119, and 129 at or above 70%. All my channels were working except for my local channels.

I don't need to have my local channels from Charleston but would like to have the ability to watch ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC when I am away from Charleston SC. I do not want to use an OTA.

My next trip is to Knoxville TN and I won't to figure this out before I head up there considering I will be further away from my local channels.

How do I get ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC when I am away from my local area?
?
All help is appreciated.

You have to call in, and have the CSR change your service address to your location (Knoxville, in this case). Service address, make sure they don't change the billing address. Once they change the service address, have them remove your home DMA, then qualify you for whatever DMA you are in with the receiver. May have to do a reset on the receiver once they do that, so it will download the new program guide with the new local channels.

One thing, if there is anybody at the home address trying to watch locals, they're not going to be able to. Can only have one DMA on the account at a time, assuming your receiver is tied to a home account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)