Local Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shortstack

Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
virginia

It looks to me that it is a zip code thing that says who will get locals or not.
The guy down the road 200yards lives in another zip code but he can get locals and I cant, yet we shop at the same stores etc.I drive by his house to get too mine, I had my dish longer I dont understand this bs.

There always has to be that line that has to be drawn to make these type of decisions. It sucks you are on the wrong side of the fence, but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Its just like some people that live 100ft from the state line and can't take advantage of the other state's laws that may benefit them.

It looks to me that it is a zip code thing that says who will get locals or not.
The guy down the road 200yards lives in another zip code but he can get locals and I cant, yet we shop at the same stores etc.I drive by his house to get too mine, I had my dish longer I dont understand this bs.
This is an easy one...Report your address to Dish with the other zip code...Tell them it was a mistake and you have always had the other zip code....If it the same city, you're good to go....
Another thing I see people doing to get free udpdated EQ, they will cancel thier account..Now for instance the account may be in one spuses name..The other spouse will then get a new account at the same address and use a mobile or work number as the primary.Now in your case if you went this way, you would simply use the adjacent zip code for the new account..Problem solved.....BTW, what zip does ytouyr address have and what zip is the one that gets locals..I just have to see the DMA map to believe this one....
oh yeah...here's a link for you.....http://echostaruser.com/

This is an easy one...Report your address to Dish with the other zip code...Tell them it was a mistake and you have always had the other zip code....
There are software tools nowadays that "verify" full, proper addresses. If Dish uses that, they won't allow him to give them a bogus address. With their distant network fiasco, they might be more strict about these kind of things now too.

There always has to be that line that has to be drawn to make these type of decisions. It sucks you are on the wrong side of the fence...
No one seems to "get it" though but as you say, a line has to be drawn somewhere. In 90% of cases, it's a non-issue. Only when this imaginary line affects someone personally does it come up.

Speaking of this, my in-laws live in an apt complex. It's in the 800 block of Union Blvd in a nearby city. Their daughter moved into an apt complex across the street and up one block, the 900 block of Union Blvd. Guess what ?? One side of the street was GTE phone service and the other side was Ameritech. It was a long-distance call for them to call each other !! :) Why ?? Because of that imaginary line drawn down the middle of Union Blvd.

There are software tools nowadays that "verify" full, proper addresses. If Dish uses that, they won't allow him to give them a bogus address. With their distant network fiasco, they might be more strict about these kind of things now too.
If?...That's an if..I can't live in a world of "what if"...At this point the best course of action IMO is to try it and let the chips fall where they may..Besides, it's not a bogus address ..It's an error....

No one seems to "get it" though but as you say, a line has to be drawn somewhere. In 90% of cases, it's a non-issue. Only when this imaginary line affects someone personally does it come up.

Speaking of this, my in-laws live in an apt complex. It's in the 800 block of Union Blvd in a nearby city. Their daughter moved into an apt complex across the street and up one block, the 900 block of Union Blvd. Guess what ?? One side of the street was GTE phone service and the other side was Ameritech. It was a long-distance call for them to call each other !! :) Why ?? Because of that imaginary line drawn down the middle of Union Blvd.
That's when I dump the landline and get mobile phones..Or I just run across the street and knock on the door....

I'm not suggesting to the person not to try it, I'm just fore-warning that it might not be as simple as giving them a "corrected" address.

As for my in-laws and their daughter, it was a bit further than it sounds and running across the street isn't as feasible as in some cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)