Local Commercial Feed Overrun

nashcat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
OFTEN while watching a national feed network, CNN or FNC for instance, the locally targeted commercial at the end of the break overruns the resumed already in progress network programming, causing the viewer to miss the first however many seconds of the overrun. I've called customer service repeatedly to fix it, but no joy. Surely I'm not the only one that notices this, but I couldn't find any other posts concerning the prob. Aren't these local commercials inserted by Dish?

Reactions: papachops
Aren't those the overlaid commercials that if you rewind back they won't be there anymore? Have you tried rewinding back to see if the local overlay is gone and the network content returns?

I haven't seen it happen again, but thanks for the info. So, are those ads already downloaded onto my Hopper, and play over the network feed?

Aren't those the overlaid commercials that if you rewind back they won't be there anymore? Have you tried rewinding back to see if the local overlay is gone and the network content returns?
On a similar note, do these overlay commercials occur if you are watching a show delayed (like if you pause live TV for a few minutes or more) ?

On a similar note, do these overlay commercials occur if you are watching a show delayed (like if you pause live TV for a few minutes or more) ?
From my experience I can't say yet. I'm thinking most of the time the overlays end when they should and I don't notice/think about it. They don't overrun often. Also I'm not certain enough to confirm it, but I think possibly if you rewind or otherwise disturb the playing of the overlay while watching a program you're recording, the recording of that program will be split in two at that moment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)