Local digital in guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rhasselbaum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
Is there any way to set up the 811 guide so that local digital channels show up without having to go to a submenu? In other words, I want to see all the local channels in the main guide display.

I am also a new user of the 811. I also have that problem, but I think it will show up on the guide if you enter the station on the Manual entry. I use the Guide button to change from Local to Satellite. First, I had the unit scan all the local stations and I selected the ones I wanted. Using the guide, they show up as call letters only on the display. If you are wanting a display of what they are showing in detail of programming information, I don't think that is possible, because that info comes down in our satellite feed for the stations they provide. I hope that answers your question. If you know the analog equivalent station, you can look at that and see the programming for the digital station. For example, here in Oklahoma City satellite stations for locals come through the satellite at stations 8890,91,92 and so forth. Information for programming is provided there. 8890 in digital is channel 5 and it's sub bands. This only applies to receivers with a external antenna such as the 811. 301, 508 PVR's and such get the local channels as they normally are. I use Titan TV.com to provide a detailed list of digital and satellite station programming I can receive. Clear as mud? It's easy once you get used to the difference in the way the local space is utilized.

Hmm... I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Right now, when I go into the guide and select one of the OTA digital channels (e.g. channel 5), a "subguide" appears that lists all of the subchannels (e.g. channel 5-1, 5-2, etc.). I want the subchannels to appear in the top level guide instead. Is there any way to do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts