Local East Coast channels in the West Coast

No.... Most east coast locals are on spot beams so you would be unable to get a signal from the west coast.

The current federal law allowing for distant network channels does NOT allow you to receive distant channel that show network programming before the local stations. So Eastern and Central time zones can have both east and west network channels if the subscriber qualifies. But mountain and pacific time zones can only ger west network channels if they qualify.

So subscribers in the west would have to "move" to central or eastern time zone and then get all american direct for east and west network channels. "moving" would also affact your Regional Sports Networks availability and sports black-outs.

You could also see which channels you qualify for on Dish's Superstations. Last I checked I think only the CW channels from New York, Denver, and Los Angeles were cleared for just about everyone, but not the Boston local nor the MyTV local in New York.

You can check on the Dish website or contact Dish by phone and ask about the Superstations, unless Dish no longer offers this, but I thought they still did as of last October.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)