Local HD Channels in Two Locations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgummerm

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Paso Robles, CA
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so perhaps someone has answered this question in the past, but if they did, I've been unable to find it.

Here is my issue: In my work, I travel between two locations, Los Angeles and Paso Robles, which are separated by just over two hundred miles. I have a single Dish Network account (with an L.A. billing address) and one 722 receiver, which I take with me whenever I move between L.A. and Paso Robles. When I take the 722 receiver to Paso Robles, I can get the L.A. locals in standard definition but not in HD, which is confusing to me since I've read that it's possible to get local HD channels in an RV. Does anyone know a way I can get the L.A. locals in HD when I'm in Paso Robles?

Thanks in advance

The L.A. local HD channels are on a spotbeam that doesn't reach Paso Robles. There is not a way to get them there... The spotbeam looks like this:
CIEL2_SB33.jpg

The SD channels are on a completely different satellite and spotbeam and it looks like this:

E14_SBB3.jpg

As you can see, the beams are different and the beam with the HD channels don't go as far north as the the beam with the HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)