Local HD channels no show on VIP722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Grumpy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Austin, TX
I just had a new VIP 722 installed last week. My local HD channels don't show up on the guide. My VIP 211 shows local HD channels just fine. I've done a check switch a couple times, downloaded the guide, etc.

Any ideas, the phone rep. didn't have any ideas and they want to send a tech. to the house. I just as soon not take the day off for him to push a couple buttons.

Are you getting via Dish or an OTA antenna?

Standard Def. channels show up on the guide fine, OTA channels show up on the guide fine, the Dish HD locals don't show up on the guide.

My VIP 211 shows the local HD channels along with the others and they work fine. Strange huh?

Standard Def. channels show up on the guide fine, OTA channels show up on the guide fine, the Dish HD locals don't show up on the guide.

My VIP 211 shows the local HD channels along with the others and they work fine. Strange huh?

Check your channel locks - maybe they are checked.

Did you try a soft reboot? Hold power for 5 seconds.

I don't understand the question?

When the channel numbers are below 100, they are mapped down to that location add appear with the OTA channels. Dish supplied locals are located farther up in the guide. Sd's are usually in the 7000-9300 range wile the HD's would either be in the 5000 or 6300-6500 range. Hard to tell since you have not listed your local dma.

When the channel numbers are below 100, they are mapped down to that location add appear with the OTA channels. Dish supplied locals are located farther up in the guide. Sd's are usually in the 7000-9300 range wile the HD's would either be in the 5000 or 6300-6500 range. Hard to tell since you have not listed your local dma.

Yup, they are there. 5180-5183 has my local HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)