Local HD channels

With Dish, apparently never. DirecTV has had them (save for possibly Channel 8-CBS) for over a year now.

They said Indy and Louiville was going to get the HD locals many months ago but we are not even planned for this year. I wonder why?

I feel your pain. We here in New Orleans were originally scheduled for HD locals in late 2006, then it was to be the fall of 2008, now we have disappeared off of the schedule, and like you Direct has had our locals for over a year. I don't understand what is up with Dish

New Orleans, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus and Lousville were passed over in 2006 because Dish could not come to agreements with local stations for carriage of the HD signals with everyone. Now Dish will not add any new HD markets unless they are on a spot beam and there is no available spot beam right now for this area. I'm not sure about NO though.

See ya
Tony

New Orleans, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus and Lousville were passed over in 2006 because Dish could not come to agreements with local stations for carriage of the HD signals with everyone. Now Dish will not add any new HD markets unless they are on a spot beam and there is no available spot beam right now for this area. I'm not sure about NO though.

See ya
Tony
According to Digi N.O. was suppose to use the Jackson, Ms spotbeam. Plus I don't understand why Dish can't come to agreement with the N.O. locals , becuase Direct has had our locals for over a year. I guess it is the Charlie factor, his ability to piss people off is unblievable. He has probably got things to the point that the locals here will never sell thier signal to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)