Local HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MR2NR

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
In your Hotwheels BIN
So my dad recently had a HD receiver installed and I had mine put in last year. I told him that we did not get locals in HD but low and behold Dish made a liar out of me. I am 4 miles from his house and have a great view of the sky. I asked the installer if they had added another sat and sure enough his dish is pointed toward the east. We have had Cband and this is the first time I have seen an easterly sat. in our area I tried calling dish and they wont send anyone out without $$ so it's up to me. Is there anybody that can tell me how to be just as cool as my dad I am not very good at dish aiming and it is hard to hear the signal tone where the dish is so if there is an easier way it would be much appreciated I have had dish do all they could over the phone to no avail :). BTW we are in SW Missouri.
Echostar 10 110W or 119W T20 is what I think I'm on now

Thanks in advance

Hey there. If you don't mind PMing me a phone number I will check and see what I can do. Honestly, it sounds like there may be an offer already out there that would cover this, but without looking I wouldn't know.

BTW we are in SW Missouri.
Echostar 10 110W or 119W T20 is what I think I'm on now

Thanks in advance
To find out what your aimed at go to Menu Set up Installation Point Dish. Chances are your Dad is on the Eastern Arc. The EARC requires VIP equipment for mpeg4. Your most probably not getting a lot of HD channels (depending on your package). The EARC requires a whole new dish. A 1000.4.

I have a ViP722K Dont really know the Dish model though But it is similar to my Dads but his has a red HD and mine is black. How long have they had the Eastern Arc? Is there anyway to get Dish to upgrade me or am I SOL for 22 months? (Since I upgraded to Free HD in December extending my contract)

I called Dish and bitched that I wasn't receiving all the HD channels I was paying for. Originally they wanted to charge me $95 to do it, but I continued to complain. I was eventually transfered to the "Loyalty" Dept and after more complaining they decided to do the EARC upgrade for free. Maybe Tony can get it done for you.

The VIP 722k is just fine.

Ya I called twice and both times the guy on the other end couldn't understand my problem and said the only way to fix it was to have a tech come for 95$ he then kept plugging there 6.99 service protection plan. I told him flat out I wasn't going to pay for these LOCAL channels!!!! After five minutes he still brought up that plan!!!!! I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle him since he wasn't listening at all!!!! Outsourcing has to be the biggest flaw companies can make now days because nothing makes people madder than someone not listening and acting like they understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts