Local HD Chatt TN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vmaxept

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
Pikeville, TN
I have done the search on the forum. I have found the LOCAL HD for Chattanooga TN is on EA SAT 61.5.
I am paying for LOCAL content. Based on the Dish site, I am also qualified to receive the LOCAL HD. Zip code 37367 cty Bledsoe.

I called cust service and was told at first I did NOT qualify then they said I do but while authorized under the HD and LOCAL package, I could not receive the channels at this time.
WHY? and WHEN? They had no idea.

I have the VIP622 with the OTA tuner. It works fair. The OTA tuner fails for unknown reasons. I am on my 3rd box in 2 years for failed OTA reception. I get allot of sound and video drop out on a few channels. I have a BIG antenna and CM amp. The DISH OTA tuner appears 'weak' low S/N.?

I have an old VOOM box with OTA up and running and it works fine.

I would like to get rid of the OTA setup, but mostly get the paid for channels from DISH.

I asked, THEY should install another Sat Dish and switch to receive 61.5
No response yet.

My other option is to do this my self.

Other then a new dish and LNB I assume I need a 4 channel switch?

I have D1000 with the 3 LNB for 110 119 129. Using the built in switch.

Not sure how I need to configure the switch. Use the internal built in ? or run all 4 LNB to the new switch and not use the built in.

Hopefully Dish will correct this

Other option is to jump to Direct, but they dont carry Versus at this time.

Thanks for any advice
RR

I have done the search on the forum. I have found the LOCAL HD for Chattanooga TN is on EA SAT 61.5.
I am paying for LOCAL content. Based on the Dish site, I am also qualified to receive the LOCAL HD. Zip code 37367 cty Bledsoe.

I called cust service and was told at first I did NOT qualify then they said I do but while authorized under the HD and LOCAL package, I could not receive the channels at this time.
WHY? and WHEN? They had no idea.

I have the VIP622 with the OTA tuner. It works fair. The OTA tuner fails for unknown reasons. I am on my 3rd box in 2 years for failed OTA reception. I get allot of sound and video drop out on a few channels. I have a BIG antenna and CM amp. The DISH OTA tuner appears 'weak' low S/N.?

I have an old VOOM box with OTA up and running and it works fine.

I would like to get rid of the OTA setup, but mostly get the paid for channels from DISH.

I asked, THEY should install another Sat Dish and switch to receive 61.5
No response yet.

My other option is to do this my self.

Other then a new dish and LNB I assume I need a 4 channel switch?

I have D1000 with the 3 LNB for 110 119 129. Using the built in switch.

Not sure how I need to configure the switch. Use the internal built in ? or run all 4 LNB to the new switch and not use the built in.

Hopefully Dish will correct this

Other option is to jump to Direct, but they dont carry Versus at this time.

Thanks for any advice
RR

If you put up a 61.5 wing dish, the output from it runs into the LNB IN port on the 1000.2 antenna you currently use. No external switch is needed unless you need to drive more than three receivers. The other option is a 1000.4 eastern arc antenna that receives 72.7/77/61.5 and you get rid of the 1000.2. E* used to charge $60 for adding the HD locals if a new antenna was needed or would do it for free for a 24-month commitment.

My error on my Dish ant.. I guess it is a 1000.3 3 LNB for 110 119 129. However the printing on the actual dish says dish 1000. But the switch is internal.

I think ? I could just connect another dish/LNB to the open connection on the 110/119 hub ? BUt I may not be able to see the 61.5 sat from the current dish location - house is in the way. This would be a major move to and relocation. Dish will probably charge for that.

Or just install the new dish on the other side of the house and run the coax to the current setup. It would be about a 40 ft run.

I only have one receiver 622.

...and I have just spent an hour reading about how crappy the 622 OTA tuner is. I get great OTA HD from the VOOM box and a small HD TV.

My current large screen TV is analog. Did not really want to invest in a new one at this time, just to get OTA HD.

Waiting see what Dish Cust service says.. :)

Thanks

My error again, after more reading..I will assume I have the 1000.2, I guess there is no 1000.3
Now that I understand the difference between Western Arc WA - and Eastern Arc EA.

It appears, I could just get a 1000.4 EA setup and get all the same content I now have? Correct ? That is drop 110/119/129
Plus get my LOCAL HD? from 61.5

I live in the Chattanooga area. I called Dish Network last year and raised a stink. I told them when my Dish was originally installed, I was told I had all the equipment I would ever need. And now it looks like that's not the case. That I'm supposed to spend even more money just to get my locals in HD which I should be getting anyway. So the lady I was talking agreed and said she would send someone out to change my dish at no charge.

Now when I say I raised a stink, I don't mean I was rude or raising my voice. But I did let her know my displeasure.

I received a reply back from Dish Cust Ser. Well, they said they cannot provide the HD LOCALS to me. The person even said they do not offer the Chatt Local HD. ?? what ?? They told me to ask for future programming requests.
I made it clear in my post that my channels are listed on EA61.5. Acted like they did not understand.

I sent back another post a bit stronger. It looks like they will not even agree that the channels are available and surely not agree to set me up with the EA1000.4 system. I stated IF they did this at no cost, I would commit for another 2 years, else I was going to Direct.

I have 2 choices, do it my self, or seriously consider moving to Direct.
I am out of contract. So no loss to me.
Do they come to get their equipment receiver and dish or do I have to mail it back to them?

Guess I make the call tomorrow.

Call but be prepared

I received a reply back from Dish Cust Ser. Well, they said they cannot provide the HD LOCALS to me. The person even said they do not offer the Chatt Local HD. ?? what ?? They told me to ask for future programming requests.
I made it clear in my post that my channels are listed on EA61.5. Acted like they did not understand.

I sent back another post a bit stronger. It looks like they will not even agree that the channels are available and surely not agree to set me up with the EA1000.4 system. I stated IF they did this at no cost, I would commit for another 2 years, else I was going to Direct.

I have 2 choices, do it my self, or seriously consider moving to Direct.
I am out of contract. So no loss to me.
Do they come to get their equipment receiver and dish or do I have to mail it back to them?

Guess I make the call tomorrow.

Call them since Chat is for sure on 61.5. But be prepared to contact CEO
@ disnnetwork.com They can get it fixed. In fact you could try & get a new dish & a 722k w/or w/o a module. I would try with. The will give you LIL off E* and OTA w/2 tuners as well. It has a bit better tuner in the add on module (module runs 30).

I finally was able to get Dish to install the EA 1000.4 dish.
The intent was to be able to watch Local HD over the satellite vs the OTA tuner/ant.

WELL, they just installed the new dish.
Yep I see the LOCAL "HD" 4 networks from Chatt TN..
Channel 51nn
HOWEVER they are NOT ALL in HD content.
The only channel that is in real HD is NBC.
The others CBS/ABC/FOX are in SD.
Why is this ?

Is the local net not providing the feed to Dish or is Dish not linking to the HD content feed from the network?

And who do I contact to discuss the issue? Dish ? or each network out of Chattanooga TN?
The Dish customer service really does not know dip about this. They keep telling me I cannot get LOCAL HD. There site says otherwise.

As does the installer who put up the dish. He says he only installs the EA1000.4 in this area if the customer has LOS for the purpose of LOCAL HD from 61.5

Really ticked me off.
I wanted to get these LOCAL HD and get away from the problems with the VIP622 OTA tuner, which is crap.

Just dont have any idea what to do next. Maybe a new call? or letter to ceo charlie?

At least they installed the new dish for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts