Local HD Cincinnati??

gtjr92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Does dish have Local Channels 5, 9, 12, 19 for Cincinnati in HD?
the dish rep told me the channels for them were 5160-5163 however I tried those channels and do not get them it just goes back to the closet channel number to them when I put the number in manually. I get local channels just not HD.
I have the silver HD package
Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Does dish have Local Channels 5, 9, 12, 19 for Cincinnati in HD?
the dish rep told me the channels for them were 5160-5163 however I tried those channels and do not get them it just goes back to the closet channel number to them when I put the number in manually. I get local channels just not HD.
I have the silver HD package
Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

They are in HD, but you need to be pointed at the 77W satellite to get them.

I figured out how to do it by going to System Setup then install then point dish. I chose 77w but I was unable to get a signal. It does not make any sense that I would have to point my dish to a different Satellite to get channels I pay for in an area that I live in.
I am not saying you are wrong it just doesn't make sense, that only one satellite for my area allows me to pick up the Local HD Channels, especially since I can get the non HD one.
Surely if I call dish to remedy this they won't charge me??

System setup will tell you which dishes your system is pointed toward, but will not change the satellites your dish is pointed at.

I would call dish and request they change you to a Dish 1000.4 that will receiver the 72 satellite.

Don't be surprised if they want to charge you about $60, maybe more.

gtjr92,

You need to physically move one of the dishes to point to 77° to get Cincinnati HD channels. Currently my guess is you have a Dish 500 pointed at 110°/119° and another dish getting most of the HD channels at 61.5° or 129°. OR, you may have a single dish 1000.2 pointing at 110°, 119° and 129°.

In either case there is no easy way to just move a dish without losing some programming. What you (and I) need is a Dish 1000.4° which is designed to ger what is called "Eastern Arc". This dish picks up 61.5°, 72.7° and 77°. These locations mirror all the channels at 119°/110°/129° plus include our local HD channels.

TNGTony your second assumption is correct
you may have a single dish 1000.2 pointing at 110°, 119° and 129°.
I assume it's 1000.2 the dish itself says dish 1000 on it and it's a couple years old...
How can I get the new dish? It is actually a new dish or an upgraded firmware??

Will this cost me $$?? I can't believe it would but then again!!!
Bottom line what will I need to do

Will do, Just wanting all the facts before doing that since more of trhe customer service reps know nothing about these kind of things. I would like to know is 1000.4 an actual new dish, or is it just pointing the actual dish in a different direction?

Will do, Just wanting all the facts before doing that since more of trhe customer service reps know nothing about these kind of things. I would like to know is 1000.4 an actual new dish, or is it just pointing the actual dish in a different direction?

I got the right dish for free, free if you don't count the two years I had to sign up for.
when I called up to get the platinum HD for free the CSR said I needed a new dish even though I told him that I could get it with what I had.
They did remove the second dish I had which pointed to 61.5 which I now get from my one dish.
So call and if the CSR you get can't do it call until you get a CSR who knows what he/she is doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts