Local HD Error Message

soccerdude

Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Sacramento, CA
For the past few weeks whenever I choose one of my local HD channels (Sacramento area) the screen shows a message that states it is searching for a signal. Then a minute later a message shows up that Dish Network is aware of the issue and that they are working on it. The problem has been going on for a few weeks now and it only affects the local HD channels.

I talked to Dish and they don't show any outages in my area and wanted to send someone out to re-aim the dish at $49.00, but I declined at this time since I still get everything else and am not really convinced that is the problem.

Anybody else have a similar problem or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Soccer Dude -

Please do post if you find a solution, as I am faced with a similar situation on my Dad's ViP722. He has it at his second home in Crossville, TN (while his main home is in Nashville, TN).

I posted on a thread in this forum because I guessed that the problem stems from his Crossville setup not having a clear view of the 129 satellite. But it also strange that he does not get the transponders on 61.5 that carry the Nashville HD locals.

A few questions for you:

1) Have you ever received the Sacramento HD locals before? That is, did they work in the past, but stopped working now?

2) What satellites do you point at?

3) Are you using a Dish 1000.2? If so, what receiver?

Maybe we can narrow some common problem down. You are the only other person I have ever heard of with that strange error message!

Thank you!

Craig

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts